Sore chest after a bit of HRT? Transsexual MTF?

Okay, so I'm a 14 year old transsexual woman that has recently started my transition. I have been going through HRT for two weeks now, and I've been noticing some changes. I'm calmer on a regular basis, but lately I've been a complete b**** to people on general. I cry a lot easier, and the tears stream for longer durations. My laughing is slowly becoming more of a giggle, and I laugh more. I feel like I'm finally becoming the woman that I was meant to be.

My body hasn't changed that much, except for the fact that I feel a bit weaker each day and my skin is becoming drier and softer. My complexion is also changing minorly, and I don't have random erections as often. My nipples are a bit more sensitive than usual.

So today, my friend just whacked my chest. She didn't know that I was transitioning, but told her later. When she hit me, I literally fell to the ground, grasping my underdeveloped breasts. The pain was something out of this world, so unexpected.

Similarly, when I was riding back from a football game with the band on a bus, we drove into the parking lot and right over a speed bump. The bus, lacking proper suspension, jerked upwards and back down. All the other women on the bus were grasping their chests and saying "Ow, my boobs!!!" For the first time, I actually understood what they were screaming about as I too felt the same pain.

So my questions are,

1. Is breast growth soon to come? I already suffer from gynecomastia, so I can fill out a B-cup and sometimes a C.

2. Will I experience further breast growth because of the hormones?

3. Will gynecomastia prevent the hormones from enlarging them?

4. What can I do to protect my nipples until my body has changed enough to wear a bra and go female mode? They're still kinda sore....

Any help is much appreciated, and if you do answer, thanks for helping a young woman come through her transition! :D

• Favorite Answer

Some of this sounds very stereotypical / repeated from HRT websites / wishful thinking. Hormones do very little in just two weeks. Maybe some calmness and some moodiness, but this may be just as well a psychological effect from knowing you've started hormones. Hormones don't change your laugh into a "giggle" (you're doing that yourself.) Your strength will take many months to years to diminish. Your skin will take 2-3 months to change. Breast tenderness at 2 weeks is unusual but not unheard of (I experienced it) but it was totally manageable. There was no blinding pain, just some increased soreness and tenderness. I needed no "protection" until I started needed to wear a bra. Going over bumps in my very bouncy truck has never been a problem. Of course hormones make breasts grow, but it takes months for your breast tissue to start growing, and years for them to fully grow. If you have gynecomastia, then you're ahead of the curve, so to speak. Whether this is an issue in regards to HRT is something your doctor or endocrinologist should have discussed with you.

Look, you're a young girl whose body is changing from puberty. Billions have experienced this before you, and billions will experience it after you. Don't be a drama queen or other kids will think your seeking attention. Just be happy for the changes. Deal with them like a mature young lady, and you'll be fine.

The dosage does depend whether or not the individual is Pre-op, Non-op or Postop. A Pre-op/Non-op still has a much larger amount of testorone being produced than an average female, so a higher dosage is usually perscribed to counteract some of the effects of the testoterone (other health concerns are taken into account as well). After surgery, a lower dosage was perscribed. As far a how long? A personal choice. From what I've been told by my doctor, I am currenly on a dosage of estrogen (HRT) that is on the high side of normal for a woman that has had a hysterectomy. I haven't talked to my doctor yet about what to do as I approach the age most women go through menopause (I will be 46 later this year). From what I understand, some genetic women have HRT throughout their lives, so it appears that may be an option (to contiune at least a maintenance dosage). So to answer your questions in short order: There is no blanket length of time one can stay on HRT; however, other health concerns may dictate that HRT be discontinued. Hope this has shed some light on the subject.

• Zunden

1) Being FTM, estrogen therapy is not my forte. However, my understanding is that estrogen will cause a little growth, and if you go on progesterone, that will cause more.

2) Didn't you have to know this in order to be put on the hormones in the first place?? I was grilled by my doctor about what T would and wouldn't do for me---don't girls have to do that too?

3) That probably depends on the reason that you have gynecomastia, and what other kinds of treatments you've had.

4) You could try a sports bra---it's designed to keep women flat and tight enough not to hurt... I've also heard of trans*girls using binders like trans*boys do, for a purpose somewhat like that.

1

Source(s): Natural breast enhancement http://emuy.info/NaturalBreastEnlargement/?z225

most of the stuff seems normal transition stuff

however, the pain does sem a bit unusual. Speak to your endocrinologist about it

Source(s): ..
  • .

reading this made me laugh (in a good way) thanks :P and good luck with your project!