What should a vagina look like?

I know the general answer to this is that "All women are different", and I've never really given a second thought to my own vagina for... never. Until now, that is, because I was kind of just examining my vagina and it just looked really weird to me. The opening is REALLY small. There is like two... show more I know the general answer to this is that "All women are different", and I've never really given a second thought to my own vagina for... never. Until now, that is, because I was kind of just examining my vagina and it just looked really weird to me. The opening is REALLY small. There is like two inches of space from my clitoris to the actual opening, which is even smaller than one inch. I don't know if it's relevant, but I'm a virgin and I've never really masturbated vaginally because I can't really get myself properly lubricated for it to feel good. It usually just hurts. I've never used tampons either - my flow is graciously light, albeit irregular, so I've only used pads.

I don't really know how a proper vagina should work. .__.; I'm a little naive on that subject, maybe. But does what I describe sound normal? Or at least nothing to worry about? I'm turning 18 this year and I plan to see a gynecologist then. I don't know if I can see one any sooner, but I'd feel more comfortable in general doing it as a legal adult. XD
Update: I should say that it's mainly just the opening part. My clitoris and all that on top look perfectly fine to me. I just don't get why the opening is so far away and so small.