Question about abs exercise?

last night I was doing some sit ups and then I did this thing were I just went about a third of the way up of a typical sit up and just held it there for a minute, then i rested, then I did 2 minutes, rested and then did 3 minutes. my abs and obliques were held tight the whole time I was in the position and now... show more last night I was doing some sit ups and then I did this thing were I just went about a third of the way up of a typical sit up and just held it there for a minute, then i rested, then I did 2 minutes, rested and then did 3 minutes. my abs and obliques were held tight the whole time I was in the position and now today they feel as though they've had a very good workout and they have that "day-after-exercise-burn". My question is, that if I held this position for 3 minutes, twice a day, would my abs tone up? I supported my head and neck the whole time i was doing it and I found it easier that crunches and you still get an amazing burn. a quick but detailed answer would be greatly appreciated so i know whether i should do it tonight. Also, how long would it take to tone my abs up using this method?
2 answers 2