michelle asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 7 years ago

Can I put blue and green hair dye in damp hair?

I don't wanna blow dry it because I already bleached my hair twice and i don't wanna fry my hair. I am using the brand 'Raw' hair dye

Favorite Answer

I suggest you don't. Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Example: "My hair is right about armpit length as it is, but I've severely damaged it by bleaching it all at once. As a student of cosmetology myself, I would have to say that it was probably one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made."

Another example: ok i did my hair yesterday i DIDN'T bleach it ,but im not sure what its called but she took the color out of my hair and then dies it a blond color and my head was on fire it killed me so after that i hated my hair color so i colored it my self a darker color, it looked so ugly and it burned me again it rully hrt so after i washed it my mom checked it for me and found small spots of blood all over my top scalp like over 20 of em now im scared and don't know why its there is it from the color am i sick and something is wrong ??

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. 11-22-11. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND.

Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

One example: MY HAIR DRESSER DYED MY HAIR GREY. I've been crying for the last 2 hours, I want to kill that bish for destroying what was amazing bleach blonde hair. AND to make things worse, she cut my extensions WAY too short.

And one from a hairdresser:

There are spots ( level 8 & very orange) and they will not come off! This was accidental. Not a result from lifting as she has been a client of mine for 3 years. Her formula has never changed and I have nEver used bleach on her until today! I believe this was a result of left over color in the sink bowl. I tried bleach and 20 volume. Nothing. Bleach and 40 volume, still nothing. Any suggestions?

A WOMAN was temporarily blinded when her face swelled up "like a football" following what she told was a severe reaction to hair dye.

Carmen Rowe, 25, from Swansea was hospitalised for three days after using the Clairol 'Nice n' Easy' natural black colour. She said: "I lost my job, all for the sake of a glamorous hairstyle. I just want to warn parents what could happen." She claimed she carried out a skin test 48 hours before using the dye without a problem and has been colouring her hair since she was 13. March 3, 2012.

Example of one who's hair is falling and stopped growing from YA!:

"my hair had been bleached many times and can't grow past a certain length

its also falling out . i stopped bleaching it.

i just need to add lenght! but if i can stop it from falling out..that be great too"

Know your school policy mandating a "natural color, brown, blond, black, natural red/auburn." before dyeing your hair pink, for example: 3-21-12 "Honor Student Banned from School for Pink Hair." a 6th grader who was rewarded for getting good grades.

Red hair gets 13-year-old suspended KCTV-5 Posted: Apr 12, 2012 8:13 PM PDT Updated: Apr 13, 2012 4:01 AM PDT

Recently from YA HAIR: "I have red tips on my fringe, I got in trouble at school and they want it out by tomorrow."

And another: "I dyed it purple. It was supposed to wash out after about a month. Now, many months later, it's still there. And it looks really stupid because it's grown out about three or four inches from my roots. I'm also not suppose dot have it at my job. I've tried dying my hair the same color as my natural hair color but that didn't work."

Source(s): Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers. Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?