Who makes a decent washing machine?

I just bought my wife a new Whirlpool top loader washer and she hates it!! The wash cycle is about twice as long as our 20 year old kenmore and the clothes don’t spin long enough to get most of the water out -- this doubles time in the dryer -- how are we “saving energy” Also, she has to use an “extra rinse” cycle... show more I just bought my wife a new Whirlpool top loader washer and she hates it!! The wash cycle is about twice as long as our 20 year old kenmore and the clothes don’t spin long enough to get most of the water out -- this doubles time in the dryer -- how are we “saving energy” Also, she has to use an “extra rinse” cycle to make the clothes come out without soap residue. How is this “saving water??” The so-called “high efficiency” of this washer is accomplished at the expense of doing a proper job! Has anyone purchased an old-school, low efficiency washer they can recommend? Doing a crummy job with “high efficiency” is completely bogus. The Whirlpool is going out in the front yard for sale!
5 answers 5