How do people use baking soda to whiten teeth?

A lot of people use this home remedy that involves baking soda. A friend of mine did and his teeth are so white after a month. Hes off to Spain for 2 weeks so I came here to ask if anyone else knows how it works. Do you just use baking soda on its own or mix it with toothpaste or something else?

Thank you

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

You can mix it with water to a pasty texture and brush with it. Add it with your toothpaste or even brush with peroxide and baking soda but if you do then be careful cuz peroxide can hurt your mouth, dont have it in too long or swallow it.

• SOS
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Using baking soda own its own is alreayd strong enough to give the effect you want. Just put 1 tea spoon of baking soda in a small cup and blend it then apply this paste on your teeth. You can even add more if you want to. Do this everyday. Btw, you can even put strawberry in the baking soda. Use mouth wash too everyday. And of course brush your teeth!

• 7 years ago

Brush your teeth as normal with toothpaste, then use a different and quite soft brush - dip it in the soda (I think it is bicarb not baking btw) and use to go over the teeth and all around the mouth - it freshens breathe too and cleanses tongue. Only do it once a day though you brush teeth twice or three times. Say every morning only.

• Kano
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Baking soda does not actually whiten teeth but it is good at removing yellowing stains, I just wet my toothbrush and dip in the powder and brush

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Squeeze some lemon/lime on 2 t spoons of bacing soda and rub on your teeth

• 7 years ago

Wet tooth Brush, dab in baking soda, brush! That's it!

• 7 years ago
    Source(s): Google
  • 7 years ago

Mix it with lemon juice! But I wouldn't recommend doing it because your dentist might not be too happy.

• 7 years ago

It's an abrasive. Overdo it and you'll have no enamel left.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

DO NOT USE LEMON, IT WEARS AWAY YOUR ENAMEL.

Source(s): DENTIST
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.