MS Access substitute for Mac?

I have a college class centered around MS Access. I did not know that there was no Access program in the Mac version of MS Office! Is Apache OpenOffice Base a decent equivalent (does it work similarly enough that I can learn to use it via the Access curriculum)?

• vbmica
    Favorite Answer

Since Access and Base are both doing the same task their functions are similar. You should be able to figure out how to use Base if you really understand what you are doing in Access.

There are some differences in the interface and each feature may not have the exact same name but they are similar.

Access is nicer/easier to use and visually more appealing but Base is a functional equivalent for all your basic needs.

I do not believe you can open or save Access files with Base directly but here is a page on how to work with Access files in Base.

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MSA-Base_Faq#Can_I...