What makes a mentally unfit mother?

I'm in a nasty custody battle with my sons father. My son is 9 weeks old and I have been the primary care giver since birth. In fact his father has never even come to see him. However he is claiming I am mentally unfit because I take Zoloft for anxiety/depression. I did not take it during my pregnancy because... show more I'm in a nasty custody battle with my sons father. My son is 9 weeks old and I have been the primary care giver since birth. In fact his father has never even come to see him. However he is claiming I am mentally unfit because I take Zoloft for anxiety/depression. I did not take it during my pregnancy because of possible birth defects. It was tough but I made it the whole 9 months w/o it. After the birth I decided to start taking it again. I am not suicidal or psycho crazy or anything of that nature I just have mild anxiety/depression. My attorney says that Zoloft does not make me unfit. I can't imagine that something like this could cause me to lose custody but I can't help but worry. I've heard that he'd have to have me evaluated by an expert witness/doctor for the courts to determine if I'm a fit mother. Which I know I am a fit mother but what would a judge say?
8 answers 8