Meat thermometer says meat it at the right temperature, but meat is still pink inside?

I'm a big fan or turkey burgers and I've noticed this happen the last two times I've made one. I cook it for the recommended amount of time and check it with my thermometer (I always check the temperature of things like poultry) and it read at least 175 degrees Fahrenheit when the recommended... show more I'm a big fan or turkey burgers and I've noticed this happen the last two times I've made one. I cook it for the recommended amount of time and check it with my thermometer (I always check the temperature of things like poultry) and it read at least 175 degrees Fahrenheit when the recommended temperature is around 165. But when I bit into it I noticed towards the middle it was still slightly pink. Why is this? And if my thermometer said it's a safe temperature, is pink turkey still okay to eat? (Even though I prefer not to eat it!)