Is there a difference between an RF Connector and a regular Coaxial cable?

I just bought a new TV, a 26" Element TV with a built in digital tuner. I am completely lost and do not understand how to get cable. I live in a dorm and we are supposed to connect our cable to the wall, but I only see an RF connector on the back of the TV. Is an RF connector the same as a coaxial cable to the... show more I just bought a new TV, a 26" Element TV with a built in digital tuner. I am completely lost and do not understand how to get cable. I live in a dorm and we are supposed to connect our cable to the wall, but I only see an RF connector on the back of the TV. Is an RF connector the same as a coaxial cable to the wall or is there an RF to coaxial cable converter so I could hook it up to the wall? Sorry if this doesn't make sense... I have no idea what ANY of this is and every website I have done research on hasn't been helpful!