Best nail gun and why?

I want to buy my son a nail gun for his birthday. He has 2 projects: a deck that will use mostly screws but some heavier nails, and he's redoing a room that he'll need finish nails for. I'd like for it to be lightweight enough to put up the overhead sheet rock but durable. He already has a compressor... show more I want to buy my son a nail gun for his birthday. He has 2 projects: a deck that will use mostly screws but some heavier nails, and he's redoing a room that he'll need finish nails for. I'd like for it to be lightweight enough to put up the overhead sheet rock but durable. He already has a compressor if that's needed. What brand/type would you recommend and why? Thanks in advance for any info.
Update: Whoa!! I had no idea. Thanks, Dan. Since he has plenty of hammers, I think I'll go with some cash and a "good luck" card :)
1 answer 1