Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 8 years ago

Will i be risking myself and my baby by moving to albuquerque new mexico?

So my boyfriend wants to move to albuquerque new mexico and start a Mexican meat market with plenty of good.foods but.we have a baby his parents are going to help him but is this risk good or bad? Do you guys think ill be a hit down.there . Its called san antonio. Right now its located in Kansas city Kansas 66103 .

Favorite Answer

New Mexico is a very nice state with a mix of cultures. I think since you have a baby you guys should be more than fine :) hope you guys decided what's best for the family.

If his parents have to help him, he does not have enough capital to launch a new business in an unfamiliar area. He certainly has no way of supporting you and your baby. You are going to have to go to work as there will be no reliable income from the business until its is established. 90% of all new businesses fail within the first year, 95% fail within 5 years. Two main causes of failure: insufficient capital to launch the business properly, and insufficient knowledge to effectively launch a business. He's taking some serious - and probably unnecessary - risks here.

You are not married. You and your baby have no protections whatsoever. So what kind of work do you do, what are the job opportunities for you in the new location? You must be prepared to fully support yourself and baby at the very least. Perhaps also your bf while his and his parents' money have to go into the business. He cannot do both, support three people + launch business on borrowed funds, his parents' money.

• I used to live in KCMO.

One in five businesses fail. I'm not saying that'll happen, just don't fall apart if it does.