Am I a Bad Vegan Because of What I do?

So, a lot of my family members think that I'm kind of out of touch with fashion trends. So they went out and bought me several pairs of wool shoes- you know the ridiculously over-priced Uggs, that are actually hideous, and kind of poorly made for all the pomp they make about the cost? Yeah. So, my maternal... show more So, a lot of my family members think that I'm kind of out of touch with fashion trends. So they went out and bought me several pairs of wool shoes- you know the ridiculously over-priced Uggs, that are actually hideous, and kind of poorly made for all the pomp they make about the cost? Yeah. So, my maternal aunts( I have four in all) have all gotten me a pair. I'm vegan. In my culture it is considered extremely rude to not use a gift that someone gave you. The thing is, I kind of feel guilty when I wear them, because in the cold they are rather comfortable. In terms of eating I am a very strict vegan. Nothing that even touches an animal passes through my mouth(ok I might be exaggerating a little) but I'm not one of those vegans that condemns omnivores. It's what people do. My family loves meat. I don't care. I never go around preaching the nonsense about how everyone is going to die by ruining the animal's lives...and I use the excuse that because sheep are domesticated, they must have their wool sheared off, or else. Nothing else I own is an animal bi-product, or even tested on animals. The only reason I became a vegan was because whenever I would eat meat or drink milk or eat eggs, I would just feel like crying...I was always so sad, and would feel really bad. (When I was a little kid, whenever my parents made eggs, I would got bury the eggshells in the backyard and give them funerals. Obviously my dad went right back out after I was done and dug them up, but it's the principle behind it.) I am a vegan. I stand for many rights, and I am not looking to impress anyone, but I just, kind of want to know what people think.
10 answers 10