What is the BEST free FPS game on pc 2012?

And BTW can my PC run it?:

CPU: Intel Pentium D 925 3.00GHz

GPU: ATI Radoen HD5450 1GB DDR3

RAM: 4GB DDR2

DirectX 11 and Windows 7 Ultimate.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your computer is a pretty average build so you shouldn't have too much trouble running many of the free-to-play games out there, including all of the ones listed below.

-----------------------------------------------

Team Fortress 2 - one of the most robust out there given its long history as a paid game. Little to low pressure to pay for micro-transactions.

Blacklight: Retribution - hailed for polished gameplay mixing the most popular FPS franchises today and offering it for free. Medium to high pressure to pay for micro-transactions.

Combat Arms - classic free-to-play that is somewhat modeled like Counter Strike and offers several layers of gameplay due to years of development. High pressure to pay for micro-transactions.

Alliance of Valiant Arms (A.V.A.) - strong FPS mixing Counter Strike and Call of Duty gameplay with several game modes. Medium to high pressure to pay for micro-transactions.

Battlefield Play4Free - somewhat poorly executed gameplay based off of Battlefield 2 but suffers from awkward gameplay and limitations from levelling and micro-transactions. High pressure to pay for micro-transactions.

Tribes: Ascend - an innovative twitch shooter that combines smooth movement and unique weapons traditional to twitch shooters. Little to low pressure to pay for micro-transactions.

Indeed there are many free-to-play FPS games, though the ones I listed are SPECIFICALLY first person and are relatively popular. Also, keep your eyes on these games:

Planetside 2 - an upcoming FPS often directly favored over Battlefield 3 for offering massive maps and vehicular warfare. The beta is currently live and should be a top priority if you're looking for a free shooter comparable to the triple-A titles out today.

Warface - a Russian FPS developed by Crytek that utilizes Battlefield Bad Company-styled gameplay. Though a quality game, you will need to work to play it if you do not live in Russia.

Global Agenda - class-based third person shooter (TPS) combining Team Fortress 2-like gameplay with classic MMO infrastructure

All Points Bulletin: Reloaded - a Grand Theft Auto-esque TPS that pits you against other players in a variety of game modes on large maps

Good luck finding a game you like! I will personally suggest you try Blacklight: Retribution, Tribes: Ascend, and Planetside 2 (if you snag a beta key) first. I feel they are the epitome of a great F2P FPS by having solid gameplay and balancing the difficult issue of micro-transactions.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

In my opinion team fortress 2

• 8 years ago

Team Fortress 2

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

League of Legends

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

and yes, you can run both of them.

• Kim
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

counter strike

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.