?

Are Jehovah's Witnesses like carnival barkers who offer a peek at forbidden fruit only found in THEIR tent?

Not trying to be offensive, but felt the minds picture of a carnival barker got my point across.

The people outside the tent (majority of mankind) who know very little about the future prospect of life after death, can be intrigued or even addicted to a promise of living forever on earth. The price of the ticket to enter the tent, is very high. Does buying the ticket insure that the 'barkers' promises will be realized????

@ My question has nothing to do with money. I am sorry you misinterpreted my intention. To make it easier for other jw, The price of the ticket refers to what the Watchtower requires a person to pony up for the right to stay in the tent and reap the rewards (fruits)=life everlasting as a human, paradise earth, only TRUE christians, dedication and water baptism to an organization, possible shunning, loss of family and friends, and no assurance of the forgiveness of sin, never really assured of any of the promises. Heavy price for just being welcomed into their tent. even if the collection plate never passes them by.!!! In the end all jw eventually find the collection box at the rear of the KH. But that is an insignificant part of the price that must pe paid by all jw.

Favorite Answer

Their tent has it. But if you go in and eat some, get ready for a surprise.

Once you eat it they got you. Then you have only two choices for the rest of your life. Keep eating more of it. Or else get the hell out and run -- and no matter where you run you will be marked with a special mark, and they have a supernatural GPS system.

.

Your illustration is a bit off. We're more like people that build computer programs and then instead of charging for it give it freely to as many would be willing to take it. The soft ware is awesome but it gets bad press from corporations that want to keep making money off of you.

The above illustration more closely fits. Do you know that JW's dont' tithe, charge admission, or pass a collection plate after giving a sermon on "giving to get blessed"? How could we possibly as an organization make money off of persons outside? We support our work out of pocket and offer to come to your home for free to show you from your own bible what is says. How many other churces are willing to do that? We all know Jesus went to many persons homes. Shouldn't his true followers do the same thing? Y'know if they are following his example and sayings and all?

Edit: While there are a mountain of people that claim to be Christians and live by the bible why scoff at the ones actually DOING what is says? The "Christians" that don't do what it says are called hypocrites, stupid, ignorant, mislead, etc. Yet, when JW's present from the bible teachings that make sense, no trinity, no hellfire, factual science is just fine, we are ridiculed also? For doing what it says!! Really.

I myself don't understand how a person could honestly take that type of position and still consider themselves objective and fair. That's like being mad that a person was mean to you and then being mad that another person was nice to you.

This is the biblical answer to your specific question.

Mark 10:28-30 Then Peter began to speak up. “We’ve given up everything to follow you,” he said.

29 “Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, 30 will receive now in return a hundred times as many houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life.

Jehovah's Witnesses, like other Christian sects, practice mental gymnastics to alleviate a number cognitive dissonances and achieve a series of confirmation biases.

Source(s): Atheist
  • ?

I am sorry but this question reminded me of Satan and Eve, in fact I cannot see much difference in any way. Accept what is offered and die the second death.