How can I make wife (asian) more comfortable with taking a birth control pill? Pill with least side effects?

We will be living together soon and she still isn't taking birth control pills. I'm not sure if it is a cultural thing or just the way she was raised, but she thinks taking any prescription drugs regularly is bad for your health. She thinks they damage your kidneys/liver and so on. She also heard they make... show more We will be living together soon and she still isn't taking birth control pills. I'm not sure if it is a cultural thing or just the way she was raised, but she thinks taking any prescription drugs regularly is bad for your health. She thinks they damage your kidneys/liver and so on. She also heard they make you gain weight. She also mentioned not wanting to take a drug every day.
-She wanted to wait until we were married (we weren't sleeping together yet so I was fine with that).
-Then she wanted to wait until we were able to living together. (she started work in another city while I finished college)
-Now that I will be moving in with her soon she says she wants me to go to the doctor with her.
If she needs support at the doctor I'm more than happy to go with her, but I think this is just another way for her to put it off. Anything else she should have had done immediately.

Is there anything I can do to make her more comfortable with taking birth control because we aren't ready to have a child yet.
Are there any bc pills that are considered more effective or have a lower chance of side effects ( I think the chance of weight gain is probably one of the real reasons she hasn't started a bc regiment yet)

PLEASE help me out here. Thanks
Update: EDIT: The question was about how to make her more comfortable with the bc pill, not about surgical alternatives. What made you say that? We already have sex when we see each other. She wants to have sex and has said herself she doesn't like it as much when we use the condoms, but the times we don't we... show more EDIT:
The question was about how to make her more comfortable with the bc pill, not about surgical alternatives.

What made you say that? We already have sex when we see each other. She wants to have sex and has said herself she doesn't like it as much when we use the condoms, but the times we don't we worry more about the possibility of pregnancy.