LAPD,CHP, or LASD which one is better? ?

I need help. I'm a 20 year old Kidd. I'm interested in law inforcement. (I live in Los Angeles County) I'm thinking about my future. I work in auto parts and don't wanna be stuck there forever. It's not a bad thing but I want something better.

I need help with this. What are some differences between Los Angeles Police Department, California Highway Patrol and Los Angeles Sheriff Department? Differences between job descriptions,salaries,chances of being hired, etc. I want advice, thanks people.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Better for what?

Each is different.

For each you need 60 semester college level hours from an accredited college to apply.

All are hard to get into.

LASD&LAPD have ongoing hiring. Look at the recruitment web sites for each department. They have salary and benefit information. LAPD even has a test you can take to see if it is likely you can make the cut.

LASD and LAPD do almost the same type of work except LASD covers a larger area much of which is more rural. LAPD is the 3rd largest department in the US and LASD is the 4th.

CHP mostly does traffic work.

• 7 years ago

All of these agenccies should have websites for you to peruse. Request an application be sent to you and find out more information about what they do. btw 20 is not a kid. See if they have an auxiliary or cadet program so you can see for yourself if it's right for you. Good luck. If you have military, it's a plus but usually not a requirement. The background should be extensive so get your school records together and make sure you have no outstanding parking tickets, etc. Some agencies run credit checks so make sure you are paying your bills on time. Good luck.

• 7 years ago

Any one of the Agencies you mentioned are professional, the bad part is the state is pretty much out of funds. The background to anyone one of them is up to 2 years before you hear an answer. Try the Feds, like US Marshals or Customs. The federal budget starts in October so check out the website below in about 4 weeks. Good luck!

Source(s): www.usajobs.gov
  • 7 years ago

LAPD is better

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.