Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 7 years ago

How can I overcome shyness with girls?

First off, I'm a 15 year old boy in 10th grade. I'm 5'7" or 5'8" (I think I grew an inch since I last got a physical). I don't play any sports currently, but Im doing track this year.

I am pretty quiet, ESPECIALLY around girls. If I know someone well then I can be very outgoing around them, and have a good time. But I find meeting new people hard. I'm just more shy than I used to be. My last girlfriend was in 8th grade. We no longer talk.

When I go swimming or go to a hotel (or other public places) girls usually tell me I'm hot and stuff, and talk to me and stuff. But at school, Most girls never talk to me and NEVER say I'm cute or anything. It's like nobody likes me. I'm fairly popular though because of my "cool" "friends". If I can even call them that. They know I'm shy and it seems like I don't exist to them anymore.

But that's beside the point.

Basically, what I want to know is, how can a shy guy like me ever get a girlfriend or become friends with one. I actually think I'm pretty attractive, but I guess I'm lacking personality seeing as though I'm such a timid person.

Thanks for your time and any help is appreciated :)

Favorite Answer

Aww. You're like my type of guy lol. Not trying to be creepy :D

I also don't want to sound rude but have you considered that girls don't talk to you because you kinda don't stand out? I'm a lot like you except...i'm a girl lol:3 And, I was so quiet and shy that even my best friends would tell me I kind of fade in the background. Just pick someone you like and make conversation. And I know that sounds tough and the typical thing for someone to tell you but how else will you get noticed?(: ask how their summer was, if they play any sports, anything, cuz girls love to talk :)

Good luck!

Source(s): Junior in high school.

Just because you're shy doesn't mean you don't have a personality! Don't be silly! ^^

There are a lot of people like you. My dad didn't talk to anyone when he was your age. All of his friends were "popular" as you say, and they did all of the talking for him.

Eventually he learned that the only way to meet people was to talk to them. Just bring something up. And if no one listens, try again later. (Don't be annoying, of course.)

Don't rush things. As you grow older, you'll realize there isn't really a reason to be shy and you'll open up.

You don't need a girlfriend at 15, anyways. It's not like you can get married, right?

Wait a while and things will just start happening when they're meant to. Waiting might not be what you want to do, but the only thing you can do is go with what you're given.

Good luck to you!

I used to be a shy person as well . in class i never really had the guts to talk to anyone around me , unless they were my friends , the ones i actually know . but you can start off by saying hi to the people around you at school . especially in class . like if you sit next to girls try saying hi or hows their day going and stuff like that . feel confident & feel secure . let yourself know that you can have the guts to talk to a girl . you know youre not ugly so go for it & open up a little . (: start a conversation about anything . you can also compliment them or say something cute . go do your thang boy ! (:

wish you luck & actually try talking to anyone .

All you need to do is get a little attention from someone and then fire will start rising ! :) seriously man. It doesn't matter what you do, just get that persons attention somehow. Well don't make them hate you forever but you get my point. Then once that convo starts it will keep on going until you stop it. Dw man it seems like its hard to start it but once you start it, it gets easy (x hope i helped :D

Source(s): I'm a junior in high school and i get this alot. But i overcome it.
  • txtx

talk to complete strangers in shopping areas that you'll never meet again anyway

is a good way to break shyness you'll never meet them again anyway so you don't have to make an impression

it'll get easier with time and repetition

This will probably be hard but just act like you're outgoing!!! Eventually you really will be but for the time being learn from your friends! Be confident and smile a lot!! Dress to impress! If you feel good in what you're wearing, it will show!! Good luck!! Answer my most recent question please?(: thanks!!

• Cade

First of all, being shy does not mean you lack personality, nor does it mean you're less attractive than outgoing guys. In fact, a lot of women (including me) think shyness is a very attractive quality in a man because it makes them seem less intimidating, nicer, and/or it gives them an aura of mystery that's hard to resist.

Second of all, I think you're looking at this the wrong way. As nice as must be to attract a lot of different girls and have them compliment you all the time, wouldn't it be nicer if you found one girl you truly liked and could have a rewarding relationship with? Perhaps, instead of changing yourself so that you're more attractive to more girls, you should find the one girl who likes you as you are and doesn't care if you're a little quiet sometimes.

Just something to think about. :)