LGBT: Why do non-Vegetarians have delusional beliefs about Tofu?

I find it amusing as hell, my cousin (Whose a bit of a racist, sexist, homophobic average straight guy) commented on how "Tofu isn't natural, that it doesn't come from the earth"; do people even bother to look up what Tofu is? =_="

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Sounds like a typical straight guy to me. I always get a giggle out of fixing Tofu Pups with all the usual hot-dog trimmings, feeding them to my omnivore friends, and then telling them that was tofu.

Uh.. where does your doofus cousin think the stuff originates? Green cheese from the moon?

I'm not stereotyping straight guys. More lesbians are vegetarian, followed by straight women, followed by gay men, followed by straight men. Some guys honestly believe that if they don't eat dead animals they'll go all limp and noodly. It's not true; cholesterol affects circulation and without circulation, no dance-in-the-pants.

• hamson
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I don't see why it could no longer work. Most men and women who are non-vegetarians don't hate vegetables, so there would on the whole be nothing incorrect with your enormous different making and/or eating a vegetarian dish. And they may be able to invariably order meat at eating places, or cook a little bit of meat for them and have a smaller element of a vegetarian dish as a part. I have no idea about couples necessarily liking the same meal (i.E. I cooked a quality pot of spaghetti carbonara handiest to find out that my boyfriend would as an alternative consume cereal.) And if you do not want to touch meat, you could spend some exceptional bonding time along with your massive other via cooking meals collectively. I in my view suppose it could work out quality.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Ah! You haven't blocked me yet. Time to fix that oversight, timmy.

Most people have not been educated on it so they do not know any details of it. But they know there is no tofu plant. If it was called soybeanfu or something, maybe people would figure it out. However, educated omnivores like me do know about it. I just do not like it ... usually. I have had some tofu "meat"balls that were OK, and probably a couple of other things that I can't recall.

However I have found that I prefer meat to tofu, always.

• 7 years ago

I generally love tofu (although it all depends on how it's seasoned), even though I eat quite a bit of meat as well. And really it's not like it's any more unnatural than pasta or cheese.

Also what's with sudden stereotyping of straight people here? It's kinda hypocritical...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

One: what does tofu have to with LGBT. Two: I take strong offence at the comment that all straight guys are racist and homophobic. Three: I have no delusions about tofu I just don't think it tastes very good

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Tofu? That's the stuff they make text books with, right?

Source(s): non-Vegetarian
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Tofu is a sin.

All of you are going to Hell.

God bless!

• Mark
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

LOL! So true... Just tell him "it's fermented, just like beer."

@Esmeralda: I've done something similar. I'm not a vegetarian, but for certain reasons I don't eat pork, and once for a barbecue someone asked me to bring "baked beans". I made them from scratch, and I used "Bacos" (baconlike bits that are actually made of soy), and the host said something to the effect of "thank GOD you put bacon in these". (I just chuckled to myself.)

• Lava
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

That's weird and stupid. I love tofu. I'll grill that crap right next to my meats.

Source(s): Tofu's good. It's like the sponge of the food world, tastes like whatever you want it to. Wrapped in bacon, dear god that's tasty.
  • Hildo
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

What planet does he think it comes from? You're quite right, he's delusional.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.