Why does my Seagate GoFlex Desk External Hard Drive 2TB 3.0 USB only show a capacity of a 160 GB?

I purchased a Seagate GoFlex Desk External Drive with 2TB and a 3.0 USB, but when I plug in my hard drive it only reads 160 gb capacity. Is there any explanation for this? I own a Macbook Pro and I also tried using my hard drive at school on their new computers.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

If you have access to windows machine, have a look at it in disk management, any hidden partitions should be obvious, if nothing shows you been done dude

maximum classes once you're downloading them provides you with option to place in the traditional way or you are able to choose for the place to acquire at. some will say like widespread acquire then it provides you with the custom determination that's what you like so which you download to the place you like it.

It's new? Then erase it. That will fix everything.

-- Open Disk Utility.

-- Select the drive at left.

-- Select "Erase" tab.

-- Click "Erase".