MY TONGUE IS SPLITTING?!? Please help me!?

I woke up a few days ago and the tip of my tongue hurt, but I figured it was just a run of the mill sore. By that night, it hurt really bad, and after brushing my teeth for bed, I looked at it in the mirror and I noticed a small vertical split at the end of my tongue, maybe a few millimeters deep. I ignored it,... show more I woke up a few days ago and the tip of my tongue hurt, but I figured it was just a run of the mill sore. By that night, it hurt really bad, and after brushing my teeth for bed, I looked at it in the mirror and I noticed a small vertical split at the end of my tongue, maybe a few millimeters deep. I ignored it, thinking I had probably just cut my tongue on something. The next day I noticed that I wasn't tasting food very well, and I looked in the mirror and the cut was still there. Now I noticed tiny red bumps on my tongue (inflamed tastebuds) that kind of stood out from the rest. The back of my tongue almost looks whitish, and I want to say the tip of my tongue kind of feels numb? Or maybe just weird? Does anyone know what this is or what's causing it? I'm probably going to see a doctor if it's still here by the end of the week... please let me know if you know what this is! Thank you so much! :)
3 answers 3