Why do women have to suffer with cramps 12 times a year?

What is the point in having us be in pain with cramps 12 times a year? Men don't have to deal with this problem, so why do we have to? What benefit do we get out of this pain? Yes, I know it means I am fertile and I can make babies, but why does it have to HURT? Men have no pain when they make a baby. They... show more What is the point in having us be in pain with cramps 12 times a year? Men don't have to deal with this problem, so why do we have to? What benefit do we get out of this pain?

Yes, I know it means I am fertile and I can make babies, but why does it have to HURT? Men have no pain when they make a baby. They just have a good time. I wish I was a man lol.
Update: I want to know why it has to be painful. Yes, a period means I am not pregnant. I know that. I just want to know why God decided to put us women through pain during our periods. Why does he hate me so much =(
Update 2: I have gone to my gyno, who put me on the pill. I talked to her about the pain and she said 20% of women have this type of pain that just can not be helped. I asked her what I could do and she couldn't offer me any solutions except that the pill would help lessen them. They are much better, but I still get pain... show more I have gone to my gyno, who put me on the pill. I talked to her about the pain and she said 20% of women have this type of pain that just can not be helped. I asked her what I could do and she couldn't offer me any solutions except that the pill would help lessen them. They are much better, but I still get pain sometimes, like today. It's not as bad as when I was off the pill.