I formatted a DVD+RW 'like a USB flash drive' and now my PC can't detect and DVD+RW disk in the disk drive?

I was trying to clear a Sony 1.4GB DVD+RW disk of all the files I previously recorded onto it. I managed to erase all the files, but then a dialogue box came up asking if I wanted to reformat the disk 'like a USB flash drive' or 'mastered'. The recommended option was 'like a USB flash drive'... show more I was trying to clear a Sony 1.4GB DVD+RW disk of all the files I previously recorded onto it. I managed to erase all the files, but then a dialogue box came up asking if I wanted to reformat the disk 'like a USB flash drive' or 'mastered'. The recommended option was 'like a USB flash drive' so I chose that. When I had finished I tried accessing the disk, at which point my computer crashed. After restarting it, it no longer recognises that there is a DVD+RW in the disk drive and asks me to insert a disk. I have tried using other disks, not just the reformatted one and none are detected. Is there an way to undo the changes I made? I am using Windows 7 64-bit. Please ask if there is anything else you need to know. Thank you.