What has happened to Sparlock the jw video, are Jehovah's Witnesses placing this cd from door to door?

Usually after summer conventions, many jw come on YA and extol the program and it's new publication releases. What happened this time around? Silence about the new video, and virtually nothing about the program?

@QB your exactly right, I remember several were absolutely adamant that the Watchtower had nothing to do with the cartoon. Since then I have not heard a peep from them. Embarrassing to say the least. It never pays to claim you have the ultimate 'truth' about any matter, especially when it comes to organizations that claim to be God's only spokesman to mankind.

@@ Sparlock, no fair talking reasonable, don't ya know your supposed to be a symbol of evil and wickedness. Don't ya know that little jw children are not OBEYING Jehovah by playing with your little plastic wand?

I mean playing with your wand is tantamount to the child's rejection of God himself. Shame on you for creating the impression that Sparlock is possible just a little fuzzy wazzy plastic toy with good intentions.

Favorite Answer

JW.org has it at the top of their page for all to enjoy!

http://www.jwfacts.com/

Sub heading " whats Wrong with Sparlock?"

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/blog/sparlock.ph...

The main areas of concern are:

* Discouraging Critical thinking

* Controlling by Fear and Guilt

* Crushing imagination

* Us and Them

Critical Thinking

The Sparlock video discourages critical thinking in the child. The message of lesson two is "Obey Jehovah", even when there is no explanation why. The mother does not reference any Scripture that says a wizard is bad, or even attempt to explain what is wrong with a wizard, it is just to be accepted that it makes Jehovah sad. The message is black and white; wizards are from Satan and make Jehovah sad, because Mum said so. The underlying message is therefore, "obey Jehovah without question."

anyone just looking at this can plainly see that the cult mind control of the Witnesses starts very very young. To aim Jehovah's Wrath at a small child is abusive

The JW guilt has tucked Sparlock away in a dark dungeon BUT there is always a way out. He will resurface once again to shed more guilt on the creator-Watchtower.

Sparlock isn't a video, Sparlock is a state of mind. Every time a Dub wakes up to reality, the spirit of Sparlock enters them - and makes their eyes water.

I have never heard of Sparlock .... but then I have sign worded in a manner to legally stop them from ringing my bell..... I live JW hell, several times a year they hit my sub-division

• You mean the one that JWs claimed hysterically was an apostate ploy and not put out by the Watchtower Society? I think that is what happened. With all the outcry and denial it would be beyond hypocritical to openly praise it now.

I wonder if there will be more videos like this. They're so...enlightening.

You mean the video that teaches children to disrespect their friends by throwing gifts in the trash?

• I Try

@Unsilenced Lioness said,

"The main areas of concern are:

* Discouraging Critical thinking

* Controlling by Fear and Guilt

* Crushing imagination

* Us and Them"

These are all indications of a cult, go figure!

Here is the video. The film was produced by the Watchtower Society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBK6IwDQ4rs

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=player_embedded

In my opinion this was a huge stumble on their part, that undermines their mission.

Source(s): Atheist