What does the doctor give the the patient while waiting for x-ray results?

I think I have an early stress fracture on my tibia, and am planning on going to the doctor's to get it checked out. I know they will probably have me get an X-ray on my leg, but I've heard that you usually have to wait a few weeks before getting further testing done to determine if there is a fracture or... show more I think I have an early stress fracture on my tibia, and am planning on going to the doctor's to get it checked out. I know they will probably have me get an X-ray on my leg, but I've heard that you usually have to wait a few weeks before getting further testing done to determine if there is a fracture or not. During the time that I'd be waiting, will the doctor tell me not to do any activity? And will I be given a brace or a boot so that I don't make the fracture worse, if that's what it is?