James asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 years ago

How do you prevent having an erection after a circumcision?

I'm getting a circumcision soon because I cannot pull my foreskin all the way, I've been looking into it and people say don't have sexual activities or get erections. Is there a pill I take daily to prevent this? I'm worried that if I get an erection out of nowhere that I will ruin the stitches and feel intense pain.

Favorite Answer

The easiest way to prevent erections after a circumcision is not to be circumcised in the first place!

You do not need to be circumcised just because you have a tight foreskin and, according to you, cant pull the foreskin back. Who ever told you such a load of rubbish!!!

The foreskin offers you protection against physical damage and infection, so why would you want to get trid of it? Would you cut off your eyelids just because you get grit in your eye? I doubt it, because you realise the natural protection that your eyelids provide. Same with your foreskin.

It is totally possible to live like millions of other men who have tight foreskins (myself included). They can masturbate or have sex. They can father children or engage in same sex relationships. They can live a life free of the devastating problems caused by circumcision, which is, by the way, a rather serious and dangerous medical procedure that results in numerous damaged penises and even death. And, as I said, there are millions of guys just like you making your "problem" quite normal after all.

All you suffer from is misinformation.

Rethink your problem before it is too late. Your foreskin is a very valuable asset and you really need to guard it with your life.

Source(s): Kyron Andrologist

Circumcision is a procedure, not a surgery. You say you don't need general anestisia but you don't want to be conscious? That's an oxy moron. General anestisia is what they give you to put you to sleep. You should only recieve local anestetic. Which means your genitals will be numbed but you will be awake for the whole procedure. I think you have the wrong idea about this. You don't ever get to see what's being done, they have it blocked off. You either are laying down or you have a sheet up that's shielding your view (or both). General anestetic is more exspensive and will add to the cost of the procedure. Not only that but you have to fast for 24 hours before the surgery otherwise the general anestisia (the sleep drug) will make you vomit like none other. You will not get an erection. I don't know why so many guys are worried about that. Unless you have a hard core blood/needle/pain/selfmutilation fetish it's not going to happen. Plus you are numb the nerves are blocked so nothing can even happen anyways. -Connor

As a pediatric nurse who has assisted in over a thousand circumcisions you can't stop your erections as they naturally happen up to 30 times during your sleep.

But you will need to make sure to sleep on your back, and while you are awake & actually have some control over your erections do whatever you can to prevent them. Put your mind elsewhere and try not to have too many erections as this can cause damage to the scar line as it heals.

If the scar line is disturbed too much during the healing it can cause the stitches to rip a bit causing the scar line to heal crooked or result in skin bridges (only if the scar line is at the base of the head)

This is why I always suggest that the boy be circumcised high & tight so the scar line is farther down the shaft avoiding any chance of skin bridges.

I would not be too worried about it though as many people go through the procedure as teenagers or adults and heal up quite fine.

Personally I don't think having one of those circumcisions is a good move. There was once a stage where I had a really tight foreskin, I couldn't pull it back at all. I found though that over time mine gradually almost sorted itself out after strangely many erections. It was weird but anyway that's what happened for me. I personally would see how you go, don't just get your foreskin cut off, you might regret it afterwards maybe, and obviously you can't get it back. Just really think about it first!

Source(s): My personal experience

If you haven't gotten the surgery yet, DON"T. Adult circumcisions are a crock. There are 999 ways to pull back a foreskin. The easiest way is to pull is back before you're fully erect. You can also use toothpicks if you're really desperate.

If you do get the circumcision, don't worry about erections. The surgeons aren't idiots. They know that you're a guy and stuff will happen, so they do the stitching accordingly. All the same, I'd avoid sex if I were you.

Source(s): I have a foreskin
  • Jim

To solve phimosis (tight foreskin):

Masturbating in the wrong way can cause phimosis.

Scientific study: http://www.cirp.org/library/treatment/phimosis/bea...

The penis basically consists of 3 spongy balloon-like chambers that fill with blood on erection.

See Diagram: http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/265769o

This page shows functions and mobility: http://www.circumstitions.com/completeman/

The foreskin is attached to the glans by the frenulum: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenulum_of_prepuce_o...

Masturbating can be damaging to the penis if you apply too much pressure. It damages the spongy tissue chambers of the penis. Consequently the 3 spongy chambers do not fill out with blood and expand the skin. Consequently you end up with a tight foreskin. A sensitive glans (head) is a sign of damage. So what you need to do is allow repair to happen. Don't masturbate as much. And when you do masturbate, don't do it for a long time. Too much masturbation (especially with the wrong technique) can also cause micro-tears in the skin, which form scar tissue; scar tissue is less elastic than unscarred tissue.

So, make sure you are not using a damaging masturbation technique. Just lightly grip the penis and move the foreskin up and down.

Once the inside structure starts to repair, the 3 spongy chambers of the penis will inflate to their proper position and this should expand the outside skin and there will be extra 'give' when trying to pull the foreskin down. In time, it will then be easier to retract the foreskin over the head.

Tips to increase penis size:

You should do the following from the ages of 14 to 21.

1.Stay lean, thin and muscular with exercise such as running and weights. The easiest way to get in shape is to get up early and go for a 30 minute run each morning. Or in the evening. Make sure to have a cold shower after though to get rid of the excess heat otherwise you will be a bit flustered after. Cold showers also prevent night time ejaculation.

2.Eat and drink well. Cut out artificial sugary drinks.

3.Don't masturbate too much, and when you do, don't damage penis by applying too much pressure

Exercise increases testosterone, the male hormone. Weights are especially good for this.

Being thin means less cholesterol (the fatty stuff that clogs blood vessels), consequently testosterone is more effective.

Being thin also means there is more blood flow to the penis; so when you get spontaneous erections it stretches out the 3 spongy chambers of the penis. See diagram: http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/265769o

Don't masturbate too much as this depletes energy and effects hormone levels.

The penis was not designed for the strong pressure of the hand. Over-masturbation is likely to damage the delicate spongy chambers of the penis, especially if you apply a lot of pressure with your hand. This leads to energy being diverted into repairing the penis rather than growth.

I would avoid spending time on the computer as this resists the temptation to look at porn and masturbate. Also the electro-magnetic radiation from the monitor is not good for you if your head/brain is too close to it.

You should be getting spontaneous erections. Erections are good for expanding out the penis with blood. This happens a lot during sleep. The herb Ginkgo baloba has also been proven to increase blood flow and open up blood vessels. You can buy them in tablet form (just do a google search).

So be thin, muscular and don't apply too much pressure in masturbating - and don't masturbate excessively.

Other masculine traits will result from this too: deep voice, angular jaw, pronounced forehead and big space between eyes.

Email me with your progress.

1

Keep a picture of your mother in law in your wallet, when the time comes you'l know what to do.

Source(s): My source? Bitch that's two questions you want answers to, Il be expecting two sets of 5 points then.

your doctor will prescribe you something just let him know that "you stand up easy" from time to time...."stilbestrol" is normally a drug used to quell erections.

Source(s): research, logic
  • M

have it done at birth so u r too young too have one or be embarrased

also, its a surgery when u r asleep