Readers/Writers: first or third person?

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should write in the first or third person for a story I'm working on. Not that it makes a difference, but it's a futuristic book with a town based off of Colonial America. Confusing, I know. Here's a (very terrible) excerpt of the story in the third person...I... show more I'm having trouble deciding whether I should write in the first or third person for a story I'm working on. Not that it makes a difference, but it's a futuristic book with a town based off of Colonial America. Confusing, I know. Here's a (very terrible) excerpt of the story in the third person...I was wondering if you think it works better as is or should I change it to first. Thanks!

Virginia awoke with cold sweat dripping down her neck and her breath shallow. Her hair clung to her cheeks and the blankets of her bed were tangled around her. She stole a glance at the bed across from hers, her sister’s. It was empty, and the sheets were already made up.
She threw the bed sheets off of her, for they were uncomfortable in the heat of the mid-summer morning. Even her thin white nightgown clung to her dampened skin.
The door creaked open next to Virginia’s bed and she heard the shuffling of little feet.
Update: I've only written about a page so far...so changing it to first wouldn't be a big deal :). I just need to know what you guys think would make for a better story!