Is it sin to live in a city with high air pollution, or to smoke tobacco based on 1 Corinthians 6:19-20?

I must say... the hustle and bustle of city life, and smoking cigarettes, can be quite addictive. Sure the big city might have high air pollution and be bad for you, but even though we know this many still choose to live there for various reasons they *choose*.

It is not my opinion that it is a sin. Though, however, I am seeking to make a point... this is a sincere question.

Gregory: Do you have any idea how many things can cause cancer? Secondly, where in God's Word are we told that doing things that can cause cancer, is sin?

Favorite Answer

My friend, A point well taken at least by this person. I agree with you it is not a sin but the question is is it profitable for Christians. We were bought at a high price and we no longer belong to ourselves but to Christ who gave His life for us.

We need to remember Who lives within us ... God! Everything we think, do, or say we involve Him. So if we are not taking proper care of His body do you think we'll receive His blessings of a long life, great health, energy, etc.? Inhaling smog or smoke either firsthand or secondhand doesn't really matter if we put ourselves in harms way it's like saying I don't care about what you say God I'm going to do it my way. What sheer pride, arrogance, and foolishness! The multitude walk around with an attitude of everyone owes me everything ... not so! Are you not aware that every breath you take is given to you by an all loving God who wants nothing but the best for you?

Time to wake up people ... the time is growing shorter with each passing day. Which is good for all true believers but horrible for the rest of you.

living in such a city is not a sin

choosing to smoke a device that has warnings it can cause cancer is a sin

• e w

"Whatever you do (or, for that matter, whatever you don't do) it is a 'sin,' forbidden or offensive to someone, somewhere, in some crackpot religion or other." --- ERIC

So yes, it is a 'sin.'