Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

POLL: in your opinion, is Lady Gaga a carbon copy of every other artist before her?

Ref. youtube vids by typing stuff such as "Lady Gaga copies" (Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Kylie Minogue, Grace Jones, the list is endless but you'll find them).

A) Yes she is a rip-off artist and not original. I am so disappointed, particularly when I heard the original better version of Bad Romance & Alejandro

B) Yes, there is a light years difference between being inspired by and copying someone. Lady Gaga lifted every single chord of "Express Yourself" by Madonna, slowed it down, altered it and changed the lyrics to "Born This Way". That's copyright infringement plain & simple & Madonna shoulda sued her Gagass!

C) Yes but it's not her fault, her handlers are making her do that plus Haus of Gaga chooses her fashions by ripping off Grace Jones & Madonna etc...

D) No she is original because_________ (you'll have to clue me in here, "Monsters")

E) No she is not a rip off artist and I shall remain in denial for the rest of my life or until I am 47 because I am too invested in my monster love for Gaga and I shall not lose face even though it's taking way too much energy to deny truth after seeing those vids. Why oh why did I go to youtube?? *sobs uncontrollably* Ice-cream shall be my only friend from now on!

@No Name: I didn't forget, there's simply not enough room to type them all, LOL! There's lots more some I'd never heard of.

@X pay attention and re-read B very closely now!

Favorite Answer

There is nothing unique about her whatsoever

complicated aspect seek into google and yahoo that could actually help

She reminds me of Missy Elliot and Bjork, and I think she is trying to be the next Madonna.

You forgot to mention Cindy Lauper

• JMA

I don't care. People will still buy her music whether you think she is or not.

80s hair metal

F) Yes, period.