Zeshan asked in SportsCricket · 8 years ago

Can Pakistan win World T20 Cup 2012 in Sri Lanka?

And plz give a solid reason for your answer that why Pakistan Can win or why they Can't win? And also tell which team is going to win other then Pakistan in your opinion?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Pakistan can surely make up to the semi final but the question is can they reach the final and win the cup?

The reality is they have the perfect chance to take the title with mighty spin trio of Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi and Mohammad Hafeez bowling. But the problem relies in the seam attack. Pakistan have potential pace attack like Mohammad Sami, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanveer and Wahab riaz for T20.But the problem is they are under performing. Mohammad Sami bowls quick but licks too many runs and Umar Gul being the no 1 preferred one for Pakistan attack for a long time and 2 times ICC best bowler suddenly lost his magic since the last WC and in the England series,Pakistan lost the Odi and T20 series because Pakistan had no support with pace attack!

I think Anwar Ali can be a major fact for Pakistan. If Pakistan brings in Abdur Razzaq as well, I think Pakistan will have prolonged batting line up where all the players can bat and surely it will utterly eliminate the chances of failure in batting. But yet India and Sri Lanka will be good opponent and Pakistan have to win luck through hard work.

• 8 years ago

In my point of view Pakistan can't win the World T20 cup 2012 in Sri Lanka because their team spirit is not well.I think Sri Lanka win World T20.

• 8 years ago

INDIA will win World T20 Cup 2012 in Sri Lanka.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Pakistan have a well balanced team of good batsmen, and both pace and spin attacks. Add to that they are comfortable on Sri Lankan type wickets and they will be very serious contenders for this title.

I think Sri Lanka should be favourites, for all the reasons listed above, plus the home crowd support (and they have Sanga, who is always capable of tipping the scales when things get close).

Better view on Pakistan's chances after the current series vs Australia (which is well timed for them as a lead up).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Pakistan has a chance to win T20 Cup 2012 as they have a balanced team with batsman and bowler.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Pakistan have the solid time. So, i don't think we should search the solid reason, how they can win T20 world cup 2012.

• 8 years ago

Yes:

Why they can win: They have one of the most fearsome bowling attacks in the world today. They are equally good both in pace and spin department. Good thing about their team is that their bowlers can defend even a mediocre total even if their batsmen fail. Moreover, the problem with their batsmen is with their temperament and their susceptibility to bat long but, this being a T20, that shouldn't make much of a difference because even if one of their batsmen survives for 10 overs, they can go through.

Why they can't win: Their inconsistency and that psychological block against India.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

India

• 8 years ago

yes i sure pakistan favurite

• Jay
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

What a Joke is it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.