Steam download....WTF?

I was downloading a game on steam when the power cord on my computer disconnected, shutting it down. I turned it back on to find that the game, which was previously at 75%, suddenly became 48%. Wtf happened and is there anyway I can get it back to the previous amount?

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure how big your game is but there is a good chance that when steam does downloads it will load everything into memory. Every so often it will also write the download from memory onto the hard drive. When power is cut memory is wiped and 27% of your game was not on the hard drive when power was lost even though your computer had it. You can always re-download anything you lost from steam.

Nope, you'll have to deal with it... Don't forget that the percentage might simply be inaccurate. In the past Steam always reset to 0% if you pause the download, it didn't mean that it started from beginning, it meant that it will start download from 0 to 100 faster this time since part of the game is already actually downloaded.

But there's also another theory, that percentage is accurate. When you plugged out the power cord, the big file(few GBs) was downloading and was corrupted due to this incident. Steam automatically noticed that it's corrupted and deleted it, then started re-downloading it from the start. There's no way to fix a corrupted file for Steam except for re-downloading it.

Most likely the sudden loss of power corrupted the file that steam was downloading at the time. And no, if that IS what happened there is no way of getting it back to the previous percentage. You will just have to download it again (or at least however much wasn't corrupted).

nicely, first i'm hoping you basically use DISTILLED water so no mineral boost happens. 2d - get a gentle teflon lined iron that has a visual water gauge, and variable settings for heavy duty, lighter weight, and extremely cool. 0.33 - till you're extra of a 'professional' decide on cooler temps on fabric and boost the warmth very very very gradually till you stumble on the temp that works acceptable. wait and spot Fourth - Even silk and satin may well be steamed. only positioned a hand towel or a pillowcase over the area (making specific you have smoothed the cloth out earlier you place the cloth over it) then you certainly won't injury the cloth you're ironing. I advise ironing silk and satin from the opposite factor additionally. Be VERY cautious to not pull the silk whilst you're ironing, this is going to alter shape and stay that way. in particular I leave the steam putting on for all my ironing (it rather is amazingly little those days, as a results of super new fabric that dry wrinkle loose interior the dryer if i'm getting them out right away and don't enable them to sit down down.) and that i provide extra bursts of steam as mandatory on seams, wallet, collars, sleeves, creases i decide directly to stay in like slacks, etc. practice on previous cloth or on assets you're gonna toss out. you will get the dangle of it very right away. and then this is going to become relaxing :) chuffed ironing.