Honey g asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

why does my dog poop on her bed????? 10pt for the best training tip!?

I got a puppy a few months ago I dont know what kind shes a small sized dog they told me shes jack russell with peke but she looks like a mixed chi she is 4months old but anyways... ok I have her on my porch b/c she keeps pooping everywhere and I have a one yr old that puts everything in his mouth and Im scared he'll eat her poop (ewwww).... I leave her free on the porch then at night I put her in the cage so she wont poop all over, the cage is pretty big for her its 4ft by 4ft my husband made it for a bunny we had. so every morning when I go to take her out she poops on her bed and I put in a litter box b/c some person told me that she could get litter box trained I didnt believe but I went to the pet store and they had dog litter boxes so I got one and I put newspaper scraps in there but instead of pooping in the litter box she sleeps in it and poops on her bed. I need tips on how to potty train a puppy Im getting tired of always having to wash her bed and her b/c she gets full of poop and its nasty! why do they say dogs are smart and they do this?

just to summerize she runs free on the porch and sleeps on the cage with her water, bed and litter box I take her out like around 9am and put her in like 11pm b4 I go to sleep. I put newspaper everywhere on the porch but she rips it all up after I bought her 3 new toys and made her some from old rags. I take her for walks and let her play with the kids everyday out in the grass! please 10 pts to the best potty training tip!!!!!! thanks

Favorite Answer

When i just gotten my 3 month old puppy, i had the same problem as you. But you got to be very patient with her. Every time after i fed my pup, i will walk my dog around the area i want my pup to poop at. sometimes it takes 10mins or even 30mins. After ur pup did pee/poop at the place u want, reward her and give her a good pet to show that what she did was right. But as you do it everyday, you pup will know that, THAT place, is the place to poop/pee. And now, my 8mth old samoyed puppy knows he has to go the the grass to pee/poop. Even when he is inside the house, he will go to the door and bark at us to allow him to go to his grass to pee/poop.

By the way, once your pup at pee/poop at that place, it is like they are marking their location. So, it is most likely they will pee/poop at that same place again. so wash it clean:)

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://bitly.im/aNLZd

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I got a puppy a few months ago I dont know what kind shes a small sized dog they told me shes jack russell with peke but she looks like a mixed chi she is 4months old but anyways... ok I have her on my porch b/c she keeps pooping everywhere and I have a one yr old that puts everything in his mouth...

Source(s): dog poop bed 10pt training tip: https://biturl.im/fB6IQ

Is he a small dog? Many small dogs have a hard time potty training, they are just small so they can sneak away to places and before you realize it, it's too late. Since this seems to be his favorite spot, for now I would just prevent access to the bed. don't give him opportunities to have accidents, for each time he can go poop inside, it reinforces its OK. Just make sure to take him out to do his business every 3 hours or so and praise him allot when he does it correctly outdoors.

• Sombra

Litter boxes and pee pads are NOT appropriate training tools for dogs.

Your dog needs a crate which is appropriately-sized for her (small!) and dedicated training. The pup WILL NOT train unless you train her. Meaning, you put a leash on her, take her out, WAIT until she does what she's supposed to do, PRAISE her when she does, and give her every chance to succeed.

Sounds hard? It IS hard. 11 PM to 9 AM is probably a bit too long for a 4-month pup. That's 10 hours. You might need to get up and take her out earlier. TAKE her out. On a leash.

When she does poop on the bed, say "NO" very sternly and give her a tap (not hard of course) and take her off. Keep doing that until she gets the message, if she doesn't listen then close the door so she/he won't get in and if he/she tries to just say "NO" again. Or just watch some "Its me or the Dog" series.

Both my dogs did that. I tried the "No" with a loud voice..I held their head to their little poops while saying it. Back to the dog pound solved the problem. My house smells great now.

We had the same problem with our dog. We tried to kennel train him, but he constantly went potty in his kennel.

So we tried potty pads, and they work great for him. When he goes potty on the pad we give him a treat, if he goes potty off the pad, we clean it up with a paper towel, and then place the paper towel on the potty pad, and force him to sit on the pad with the paper towel for 5-10 min. So he gets used to the smell of potty on his pad.

It's worked great. There's tons of stores where you can buy potty pads.

mypetbasics.com is just one -

http://www.mypetbasics.com/category-s/198.htm

At least she isn't pooping on YOUR bed. You didn't think if it that way.

Buy training pads she will pee on there

Source(s): I have 3 puppys