How to relax sore muscles?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Ok so I live in the dorms at my college and we dont have bath tubs or anything we have showers. I've been working out and all and walking EVERYWHERE I have to go because I have no ...show more

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • answered 2 years ago
    The muscles have tightened up to cause that soreness in those muscles. Freeing the muscles back up will allow the pain to be released and here's how to free up your thigh and calf muscles for your relief:
    Thigh muscle:
    Sit on a chair with your leg partially extended to where it feels comfortable. Wrap both hands around the muscle about 2 inches behind your knee. Press in with both hands and hold a firm pressure on the muscle. Now relax, take a deep breath and exhale, then remain this relaxed. After 20 seconds or so you should feel the muscle releasing. As it’s a big one it’s going to continue to do so for about a minute or so. When you no longer notice any releasing happening, slowly slide your foot back up to the chair, then release the pressure on the muscle but continue resting your foot by the chair for another 30 seconds.
    Calf muscle:
    While sitting pull your leg into your lap. Take the hand on the same side of your body as the leg and wrap your fingers around the front of your leg, about midway, so you can press your thumb into the muscle in the back of your leg. Then take your hand from the opposite side and place it right under your first hand so you can press your thumb into the muscle as well. Then press both in with a good amount of pressure and hold. Now relax your body by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed. After 45 seconds slowly raise the front of your foot upward as far as you can, then release the pressure on the muscle, but continue holding the front of your foot upward for another 30 seconds.
    For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • answered 2 years ago
    You need a Sports Pain Relief cream= and there are lots of them.
    The one with the best combination of ingredients is BenGay Ultra.
    Walmart has their own 'equate' brand next to the BGU for half price.
    The Walmart one is $3.89== good stuff, worked on my wrist.
    It works on burns, scrapes, itches, rashes, aches and sprains- quick too.
    If you have a Dollar Tree look at their medical section. They have a jar
    called "Menthol', it should work. Some stores have a roll-on
    called Menthol and it has the same stuff as BGU. Really easy to apply.
    It is like the IcyHot roll-on for $5 less.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • answered 2 years ago
    i know a website that has answers as to what causes muscle soreness and natural remedies.

http://dgill22.dealcenter.us/
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow