Why is good music dead?

Spent hours listening to Pink Floyd, The Smiths, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Cure, Morrisey, Queen, Violent Femmes, Flaming Lips & Adam and the Ants and it's made me sad that now when you switch on the radio you find Nicki Minaj saying Stupid Hoe over and over again. Is music dead or will there ever be anything as good as the before-mentioned great musicians?

@Don'tWorryAboutIt. I'm Laughing now because you couldn't be more wrong :)

Favorite Answer

Because there's a lot of people that just like mainstream, autotuned sh*t that's barely even music. The reason for that is because when you're in school or what have you, people will ALWAYS be obessed with whatever is in style, and in order to fit in, people will start liking it no matter what. At one point of my life I got sick and tired of people ignoring me all the time so I started listening to Justin Bieber... I didn't even like him I just did it for the sake of my social life. It didn't last long, after a few months I just said screw it. If people would just be themselves and not pretend to like all this crap, maybe artists would be more inspired to write better music.

Is Music Dead

oh i love your taste<3 especially the smiths. anyways, there is still some good music out there C: just ignore some radio stations, try to find some alternative channels, (even some songs on those channels suck as much as nicki minaj) or you can listen to oldies or whatever. i don't think there will be musicians like them with the deepness in emotions and realness etc... no hope lol. (i mean chances are if there is a musician like them, i dont think they'll become famous and played on tje radioallthe time) i guess some new bands other people like would be mumford and sons or foster the people. (dont really like them) lol.

Source(s): just my opinion. lawl.

Because if you have a lot of money then they will let you in the industry. Plus with all the technology we have now they can autotune their voices and make it good and put it on the radio. There probably will be some but not a lot great musicians once again it will just be harder to find.

Source(s): I know a lot of underground artists that would do amazing if they had the money.
  • Gina

There are still people out there making excellent music. They're just not going to be on TV, the radio, or anywhere else you would find them without looking HARD. Have you tried Cat Power? Regina Spektor? Sufjan Stevens? Its not THE SAME as the old music, but its still amazing and unlike most stuff these days still requires musical ability.

No, the Album is dead as good as FM radio however no longer ROCK song. Persons not go to buy an album or hearken to the radio for brand new tune. Its all accomplished via the internet now. Rock will constantly be powerful and around .

Because since the Internet era and posting videos online, people can get famous overnight even though they can't sing that well. If you grow up listening to just that, you don't know the standard to measure it by. You have to listen to all the older groups to know who is best.

It isn't dead. Just because the crappy artists are more popular, doesn't mean there aren't great musicians still making music. You just have to look harder.

Music died in 2008.

Were doomed!

im pretty sure your like 14 or 15, and i doubt you know anything about pink floyd, Zeppelin or the Who.