Why does my laptop keep saying low disk space?

When i go to my computer in HP TOOLS (E:) its red

WHat do i do to fix it???

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not the system partition so I wouldn't worry about it. You probably have plenty of storage on your C: drive which is where all your files, images and the like are stored and where the core system files are located. HP Tools is most likely a set of diagnostic tools in case you should have problems in the future you can use the tools in that partition. It's made small so it just has enough for the needed space which is why it's red.

It doesn't sound like anything is wrong with your laptop so I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Check this out if you're interested in learning more about it - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Sy...

Source(s): IT Technician
  • 7 years ago

1. Go to computer >> double click HP TOOLS (E:) >> double click Program Files, if there is 2 folders with the name Program Files in it, do both for the next step: delete any unnecessary items that you do not need. Be sure to go into the folder to see if your computer needs it, such as your internet browser. Keep deleting all the things you do not need. If they go to the Recycle Bin, delete them from the recycle bin, since your recycle bin is on your hard drive.

2. Run a Disk Defragment. This will defragment fragmented files on the hard drive, freeing space. This should be done once a week.

3. Run a Disk Cleanup. This does not need to be run as often as the Disk Defragment.

4. Open Control Panel >> Click Uninstall a Program, under the section Programs. Uninstall any unnecessary programs that you do not need.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

The HP tools partition is for system recovery - used to reinsall windows if you have problems. Delete it and you will have to order recovery disks from HP to restore your notebook to factory original.

• killer
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

It means you running out of space to download things. Can't fix it unless you re store it to factory defaults

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

it means that you are running out of space you need to clear the dick otherwise it can lead to corruption of your window...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.