Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Why does God mock me?

I lost my girlfriend to death of brain inuries in a car accident a few nights ago. I've been grieving and wheeping ever since and losing sleep. Last night i was forced to stay at the air port all night with nothing to do but think about her and wheep. i couldnt sleep at all, there was a list of movies at the airport listed accross a hall way, movies that we used to love to watch with her favorite actor leonardo dicaprio, it was torture. all night just looking at those movies listed and sitting there thinking about her. And when i get on the plane a couple sits right infront of me with a kid, the only fuckinc ouple on the plane. all i could hear was the kid cry. and the babies motehr would tell him "not to cry" i could swear my heart was being ripped apart after hearing that reference. I was forced to move every year of my high school into different states due to my dads job and i had no friends, the one girl i cared about and the one girl taht believed in me was taken away from me. god has left me with no one in this world, i really dont want to blame him but why? why is all this happening to me. i am 19 years old, i respect all religions and would like to hear everyones opinion.

I feel like God broke my heart, to prove he only takes the best.

thats bullshit, he can prevent these things from happening, he can do anything. I ask god for help and asnwers and i get nothing, i pray and i get nothing. i lose the only person i love, my only friend in this world, and than he forces me to sulk about her.

This is worse than hell, God forces me to move into each town, forced to make new friends each year and succeed in my classes, and than i meet the one girl i loved and cared about and she gets taken away. God gave me one thing and takes it away?!? He wanted me to be happy for what, two years, have me hope for hte future, make plans with her, just to crush it all? He has made this world hell for me. there is no one else to blame.

I kept saying that HE wouldnt break me, I kept saying i'd love him no matter what, but this mockery is just torture to me. I cant deal with it, i've asked him to kill me several times so i can be reuinted with her.

I really dont know how to pick the best answer, i'll let yall decide, this is just really tough for me.

Favorite Answer

That was between your friend and God and had little to do with you. God did not kill your friend. It is not right for you to blame him. Nor is God mocking you. You are going through a painful process of recovery, a pain for which you will never fully recover. You are forever changed. Like with a small child, you will need to cry, and sleep, and eat. Your girlfriend has experienced a birth into another realm. She is all right and happy. She can see you and wants you to continue.

Source(s): my faith tells me this

I'm really sorry to hear your situation and i will pray for you...Job also suffered a lot. but despite his circumstnaces and being told to just curse God and die, he said, "the Lord has given, the Lord has taken away, may the name of the Lord be praised." this probably isnt what you want to hear, but maybe this tragedy happened so that you would become closer to God. not to say that God wanted to break your heart to get you closer to him or that any of your problems are his fault, but there is most certainly a purpose for this as hopeless as things seem. God knows how you feel ( Jesus wept at the death of his friend Lazarus) and even though he seems to be against you now, he's actually the person you need the most and the person who can help you the best. try opening a bible and reading a few psalms too. David does a great job of capturing the cry of despair and the hope of God's deliverance.

God isn't mocking you.

But your anger seems to be the idea that God is somehow subordinate to what you wanted the outcome to be...that he wasn't on board with your plans.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how awful it is to be alone and rage against circumstances that took away your one hope, your one love...and the unfairness of it all.

You have already had people reply that God is not deterministic...he does not force us to do the right thing, he does not zap us dead when we do the wrong thing. And He doesn't 'take away' people just to show that he can. He is good, he is patient, and he loves us, and he does want you to find all of those good things...companionship, intimacy, love, acceptance. And God is able to meet those needs, himself, because He is good. His 'ways' are not our ways, but God sees the end of the road, when we all will deal with death, and promises that if you trust him, your life will be a good life, and abundant life. He also warns that there is suffering and loss in this world.

He can take your questions and your anger. He can deal with not understanding 'why'. But God is not 'all religions'...he is the living God, he knows your name, and he cares for you. He doesn't have a list of things that you have to do to please him...there is only an invitation to come and to have a relationship with God himself through the work that Jesus accomplished for our reconciliation.

I pray you will find healing and peace.

James 1: 13 says When under trial, let no one say:" I am being tried by God." For with evil things God can not be tried nor does he himself try anyone.

The things that have been happening to you have come about because of human interactions. It's unfortunate, but these things happen to us all in some way or another. Why would God take your loved one just to prove a matter. What does God have to prove to any of us, nothing.

But in his mercy, he gave us a way out from under the condemnation of sin and death, by sending his son to die, that we might live again.

Ecclesiastes 9:11 says Time and unforeseen occurrences befalls all.

God is not setting in heaven manipulating things, horrible, unpleasant things to happen to us to prove something to us. That's why he gave us his Precious gift of the Bible, so that we can come to know him, know his purpose for us, know what his will his, and to know that he is a loving God with only our interest at heart.

We are quick to blame God for all the bad in the world, but completely forget about satan the devil. He wants us to feel this way about God. He wants us to take his side. He want us to think that God is bad, and that he hurts people, and kill them in terrible accidents. If God wanted someone in heaven, why couldn't he just have them die a peaceful death, why have them die from horrible accidents, and terrible illnesses, or murder. This does not sound like a loving God to me.

We have to stop blaming God for what humans do, under the influence of satan, or driven by their own selfish desires.

God has no personal vendetta against you. 1John 5:19 says: The whole world is lying in the powers of the wicked one. Soon God will rid the earth of this wicked one. Psalms 37:10 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more.

even as atheist are asking questions or answering Christians about how they sense about God, that isn't mocking, that's giving opinion. yet even as atheist are extremely being rude to Christians OR utilising God's call in a vulgar way...that's mocking no longer in effortless words Christians yet to boot their God. As we trust in God, then we trust that God isn't taking kindly to the way he's being mocked and could take care of the habit come judgment day.....get at the same time ...mocking from above me answer...p!sschris......Now, for someone extremely answering question....above me ....Canadian atheist...is giving their opinion

Bad things happen, and the first thing im going to say is that many biblical people were mad at god, they had there families, wives, children taken away but they stayed faithful and in the end they were rewarded more then they lost, including what they lost. So dont give up, it will get better if you stay faithful.

Source(s): bible

I am so sorry to her about your loss :( I really am, but please try to understand that many, many of the tragedies in this world are not God's fault, but the choices of human beings and sin. When people go to war, when rapes, murders, thefts, and abuse occur it's all because of the choices we make.

God gave us freedom of choice but it is so terribly heart wrenching that people choose to make the wrong ones rather than the right ones. I guarantee that if you trust God and live the way He wants you to He will pick you up, dust you off and heal your heart. Maybe even give you another wonderful girl :) I hope He does my friend, but for now please don't give up. We all do suffer but we also do heal over time:) You will too :) please don't give up on God, because He will never give up on you.

“I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts.” Isaiah 57: 15

“’I will comfort those who mourn, bringing words of praise from their lips. May they have abundant peace, both near and far,’ says the Lord who heals them.” Isaiah 57: 18-19

“Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5: 4

“Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time. But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come.” Isaiah 57: 1-2

Source(s): ex witch, now a Christian young in the faith :) and the Holy Bible
  • w313g

Saddening, the story about your girlfriend.

I, myself, have currently no girlfriend too.

28 years ago, I was a superlative student in many subjects, amongs others, religion, I had a severe accident.

Another one was to blame for.

All a sudden I was a pensioner.

Wish I would have died.

Now I am handicapped.

Now I also hate God.

I am the atheist.

The Godhater.

dan...1 pet 5.9 encourages us to know that these same experiences in other people even as i write this. no, that may not ease your painful loss but it may help put it into persepective. jesus isnt responsable for this death. the world lies in satans grips. 1 john 5.19. if we arent in covenent relationship with christ, then we are going to be open to many tragedies. pslam 91. john 10.10. rom 8.28 does promise that if we love god and are following his purposes in our lives then he will cause all to work together for our good, even what looks to be bad. so give your wounded heart now to jesus, rom 10.9 to 13, he will bring peace and comfort to your soul as you give god your life that is his anway and he will bring you out of your sorrow. isa 35. groundwire.net

• ben

the things you are seeing that remind you of your girl friend are just normal things that you would usually think nothing of. but since you are thinking of your girl friend a lot more you are now noticing these things.

and it was just unlucky that it was her that was taken.

i wish you the best of luck in dealing with this tragic situation.