which do you prefer? fish or hamster?

Favorite Answer

Fish! There is no cleaning out nasty shavings and if you do your research, you can have a healthy tank going that requires minimal maintenance. Contrary to the popular belief, fish do not forget after 3 seconds, if they did, why would mine do the same thing every day for food, learn and carry out tricks and do them without being taught again every time? You try teaching a hamster to swim through a hoop. ;) I have kept both before and prefer the fish.

This probably sounds super stupid to non fish keepers. But fish have character and attitudes. They will study you when you walk by and swim next to you. They watch you and if you take the time to really pay attention to them you can pick up the little things that make them happy or mad. They can recognize the face. I am not saying every fish in the world, take siamese fighters for example. More character than any fish I have ever kept. Its not just a stupid fish rotting in his tank in the corner if you actually try and do your research. You may not be able to pet a fish but a large tank stocked fill with schooling tropicals is something I would run to over a hamster sleeping in her cage any day!

This is my opinion, I understand if you see it in another way. I am respecting yours, please do the same for mine.

Source(s): This is my opinion from my research and experience. I understand if you see it in another way. I am respecting your opinions, please do the same for mine.

Hamster of course! Fishes loose there memory every 3 seconds so whats the point? They are boring and dull but hamster are so full of joy!!! haha xx

Source(s): My pets are hamsters xx

Hamsters, you can't pet a fish.

To eat I prefer fish, I've always really like all sea food. Hamster don't taste too bad but I prefer rabbit, goat meat, ox tails, kielbasa, before hamster, especially goat&rabbit is my favorite.

to eat ? neither

to pet ? Hamster ! they're like cat but with smaller space and funner ( is that even a word ?)

Hamster! They are much more fun!

I like fish they don't bite you every day and some fish look awesome

i probley say hamster, evven though i have never had one, i have had a relitive, the mouse.....

from a pet store mouse... :)

Source(s): ownership