Why is Chilli called Chilli, if it's never Chilly?

Kay, so my gran gran made a bowl of her not so famous bung hole burning chilli. I mean the names not the best, but I find it delicious.. Anyway so I was eating this bung hole burning chilli and while I was I started to day dream. I day dreamed about a lovely place with unicorns and gum drops, and in this magical... show more Kay, so my gran gran made a bowl of her not so famous bung hole burning chilli. I mean the names not the best, but I find it delicious.. Anyway so I was eating this bung hole burning chilli and while I was I started to day dream. I day dreamed about a lovely place with unicorns and gum drops, and in this magical dream the gum drop fairies brought me to the head masters house where I met the occasional dworf here and there, as I was nearly puking at the site of the ugliest ***** duck dworf man named Sydney I saw out of the corner of my eye a man named Sage came running with a bowl of my gran gran's bung hole burning chilli. I was nauseated at the thought of that fugly man making my gran gran's secret recipe. Anyway, as he was running up he tripped and fell, and split the chilli all over him, he got severely burnt, but that's what got me thinking about the warmth of the not so chilly chilli. So please answer us why, why?
Update: What is Troll?
5 answers 5