Why dont my 98 town car blinkers arent working?

Ok so let me start from the beginning. I recently purchased a 98 Town car that looks and runs great! When i purchased the car a few days ago the guys told me the blinkers dont work and he has no idea why. So i figured let me call around and find a flasher for this year and start cheap. I get the part, go home... show more Ok so let me start from the beginning. I recently purchased a 98 Town car that looks and runs great! When i purchased the car a few days ago the guys told me the blinkers dont work and he has no idea why. So i figured let me call around and find a flasher for this year and start cheap. I get the part, go home and start tearing my car apart looking for anywhere to replace it.

A friend looked at it and told me most likely i would need to replace the Light Control Module(LCM), but before i make that choice i would like to make sure this sounds to be the problem. The lights work on the car, front, back, parking, high beams and hazards.

when i put the blinker on nothing happens it will click into position but there is no tick noise, no lights on dash showing the blinkers and they dont come on outside. No noise from modulater either, but it does make noise when hazards are on.

So is there anything i can do before i replace lcm, or does that sound like what needs to be done. To me it seems more like the blinker control arm should be replaced. Any ideas on how to check switches in this car? like i said any help would be great. Ty for reading my post, hope to hear from you soon.

The blinker also doesnt go off when finished making a turn and if i buy new lcm from ebay or junkyard will i still have to get it programmed