Would drinking lots of water help me pass a urine drug test?

It is a urine test for THC. I heard that drinking lots and lots of water would increase chances of passing the test. Is this method only useful on the day of the test as a way to dilute your piss? Or will drinking lots of water daily up until the scheduled day of the test help as well? What are some other... show more It is a urine test for THC. I heard that drinking lots and lots of water would increase chances of passing the test. Is this method only useful on the day of the test as a way to dilute your piss? Or will drinking lots of water daily up until the scheduled day of the test help as well?

What are some other things I can do to decrease THC content in my system? Would exercising more often help?
Update: Would sucking a dick help you shut the **** up, Tara? Since we're both stating obvious facts...