promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do i get this pizza out of my oven without being burned?

i dropped some pizza on the bottom of my oven by accident, How do i get it off the burner?

(I put it directly on the rack instead of using a tray...) I don't want to be burned either so please help before my family finds out :(

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Turn the oven off, and if you are lucky you will be able to slide out the bottom tray an will ne able to pick it up with a spatula and an oven glove.

Failing that you will have to wait for it to cool enough.

Hman

Now you know why you should is a sheet or pan.

It sounds like you will have some oven cleaning to do also, and some explanation.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Ok, just relax. We can do this together. Alright, deep breaths now:

Step 1) Turn off the stove! Leave the oven door open to allow it to cool down faster

Step 2) Wait for it to get a bit cooler, or if you have time let it completely cool down

*NOTE: Try wearing oven mitts if you can before touching the stove incase it's still a bit hot. No use burning yourself too!!*

Step 3) Grab paper towel (or something of the kind) and use it to gently remove the extra pieces of pizza. You might need to wet the paper towel first if it is stubbornly sticking to the oven burners

Step 4) Discard the paper towels and burned pizza remains

Step 5) If there's still a bit of stuff left over in the oven, use another wet paper towel or sponge to get rid of the entire mess

Good luck!!!! You've got this! :)

• 8 years ago

You should just wait until your oven cools down or get a fork or something that will help you be able to pick the piece of pizza up without burning yourself or making whatever you use melt(:

Use like two spatulas or something.

• 8 years ago

Your just going to have to wait until the oven cools way down before you can clean the mess up. I know the mess will burn and cause a smokey smell, and might set off your smoke detector. But it's better that than trying to clean it up when the stove is hot and possibly starting a fire or burning yourself really bad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Turn off the oven, let it cool, take out the pizza. It isn't rocket science.

• sully
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Put the oven on "clean" mode. Then you'll get praised for being thoughtful and pro-active.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.