Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

What can I add to baked potato soup?

I have a recipe for baked potato soup the first time I made it it was a huge success in my house my family adored it but I want to switch it up a little it calls for onions but I want to add other vegetables to it. But I'm not sure what to add that won't ruin the taste

Favorite Answer

You can add all kinds of veggies! Broccoli florets, corn, green beans, peas, cauliflower, etc. Potato soup is pretty versatile, you can change it up pretty easily. What veggies do you like?

You could also add clams and bacon...add things you like and you would normally pair with a potato and a cream base.

• Carol

Bake 2 large potatoes in the oven on 350 for 45 mins. Fry 4-5 pieces of bacon until crispy. While that is cooking, mix in a large pot::: 1 jar alfredo sauce 2 cups heavy cream 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1/2 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. salt dash pepper 1 can chicken stock 1 can water (optional) and bring to a boil then reduce to low heat. Whisk in 1 cup POTATO FLAKES and let cook. When the potatoes are done, scoop out the insides into your soup and stir up the soup. Add in chopped green onion and stir. Serve topped with: Crumbled bacon Sour cream Shredded Cheddar More green onions

Besides the onions, add celery and carrots for easy veggies. The last time I made potato soup, I also added corn - similar to making a corn chowder. And then brown up some kielbasa or smoked sausage and slice it in half moons and add that to the soup also. It's potato, corn and kielbasa soup! I have 2 quarts of it in my freezer right now because it got hot here again, so I'm not in the mood for hot soup!

I would use peas, carrots and corn, and see what else I have.

It's a question of how much of what you add which will alter the taste, and none should really ruin the taste.

Work with things you like the taste of, celery or leeks are great for adding their flavour, or a pork hock, or a ham bone also work well.

Chetak

I sometimes add broccoli or frozen corn to my potato soup, along with cheddar cheese bacon and green onion. You can also add ham chunks cooked pork or chicken as well.

I saute equal amounts of diced celery and onions in butter with a little bacon fat- for flavor!; I also add a jar of bacon pieces- Hormel has good, soft pieces that come precooked with no fat on them! Add to your regular recipe. Think I'll make some soon!

• Joy

Celery and carrots. I have a recipe for homemade potato soup that calls for celery and carrots. I also like to use thyme when I make potato soup..

I like to top mine off with some shredded mild cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon bits and some chopped chives or green onions. Simple but delish!!

Simple turnips, rutabaga, peeled.

Pumpkin.

Puree and then add some chives, parsley, either or.

A little crushed bacon - garnish.

I have add one or two of the following: croutons, real cooked bacon crumbed, cheese slice melted, corn, peas, broccoli or roasted red peppers in bits. Delicious!