Vegan parents, would you take advantage of charity programs that couldn't provide vegan options?

Let's say you are a parent who wants to raise your kids vegan and you've run into a difficult financial position. I've raised this question before and some people have asked, why have the kids if you can't afford it. When the children were born, you were in a better financial position, but,... show more Let's say you are a parent who wants to raise your kids vegan and you've run into a difficult financial position. I've raised this question before and some people have asked, why have the kids if you can't afford it. When the children were born, you were in a better financial position, but, you've lost your well paying job, maybe you've got a job that pays less, and you are struggling to pay the bills.

There are a variety of charity programs like a school breakfast program or an after school daycare program that your kids are eligible for. They tell you that sometimes they have vegan options (not including the fruit and vegetables) but they can't guarantee that your children won't be fed meat, dairy, or eggs. These programs are run largely on volunteers and donations and they won't stop your kids from eating non-vegan food if they are hungry.

Taking advantage of these programs means you have more money for other things, like medical expenses, clothing, transportation, and everything that a child needs. Not taking advantage of these programs means your child may go to school hungry every so often, or less visits to the dentist, or not getting a new pair of glasses for your kid.

So, what do you do?
Update: In response to lo_mcg's comments, yes, these charities are going to tell jewish parents that won't stop their kids from eating bacon or pork products. Although why those things would even be on the menu is beside me. Most breakfast programs consist of muffins, cereal, yogurt, fruit, fast quick easily... show more In response to lo_mcg's comments, yes, these charities are going to tell jewish parents that won't stop their kids from eating bacon or pork products. Although why those things would even be on the menu is beside me. Most breakfast programs consist of muffins, cereal, yogurt, fruit, fast quick easily dispensed food that's easy to clean up. Rarely is there warm food that requires a lot of cooking, handling, and clean-up. The difference between your scenario and my scenario is that most of the meals that kids are served during breakfast programs are not completely vegan. Whereas, there may be one meal in the entire year that's not appropriate for a Jewish kid. In my scenario, the charity is telling the parents that it is the children's responsibility to determine if this is something they can eat or not, which is something that more and more schools are saying to parent, especially as the kids get older.

In relation to children with nut allergies, more and more scho