Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Edgecator LC asked in SportsWrestling · 9 years ago

Why did they make a Undertaker WM streak DVD before his retirement?

He probably has one more, maybe even two more WM matches in him and they already released a DVD.

Btw, did you know he's worth $34 Million?! That's more than Cena. I'm honestly surprised about that. Although Taker has been in the business longer, he doesn't sell merch like crazy anymore, doesn't have movies, or anything like that.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Taker has a real estate business on the side (though with his wrestling schedule these days, the real estate business is his career, and he wrestles occasionally on the side). BIG money can be made in real estate.

The Streak has grown the past four years or so into something bigger than even Wrestlemania. For a lot of fans The Streak match is WHY they buy Wrestlemania. But with this economy in the state it's in, and people having less "disposable cash" to spend on entertainment, the WWE needed a DVD that was all-but-guaranteed to sell a bazillion copies. I don't know the exact numbers but The Streak DVD sold VERY well, which means a big chunk of cash the WWE needs to stay in business at the level they are. We'll no doubt see another Streak DVD after he retires that includes all of his WM matches.

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

WWE did the samething with his 15-0 DVD. It's just another way for the WWE to make $ off The Streak.

• 9 years ago

You forget that every wrestler who competes at wrestlemania gets a certain percentage share of every Wrestlemania's profits. He has fought in 20, Cena in 6. He also had a big boom in merchandise in the late 90's similar to Cena's boom in merchandise in the late 2000's.

• 9 years ago

Well at WM 28 he went 20-0.Definitely a milestone.To capitalize on this milestone,they decided to cash in on his career and make a DVD.He's probably going to be done now.But,they're cash-in was smart for business,as most of us suspect us to think his career is over,so buy it now and you get to relive it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. And no I didnt know that

• 9 years ago

prophet of hate has a sick avi!!!!!!.....

WWE is just money hungry

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.