Bank of America Card Cash Rewards Platinum plus visa..Good idea or bad?

So this is my 4th year in college (in a 5 year program) who just got approved for that cash rewards platinum plus via card. I plan on using it ONLY for emergencies. I do have a job with a month salary of about $600.00 and I do pay $250 rent. I also pay my own phone bill. I have my parents to help me out but they... show more So this is my 4th year in college (in a 5 year program) who just got approved for that cash rewards platinum plus via card. I plan on using it ONLY for emergencies. I do have a job with a month salary of about $600.00 and I do pay $250 rent. I also pay my own phone bill. I have my parents to help me out but they helped me too much in life and I feel bad taking money from them because they're not made out of money and they're mildly struggling them self. So, I just wanted to open an emergency credit card. I wanted it as a just in case situation. The maximum I can use is $800.00 which I definitely don't need all that. What do you think? What if I don't use it at all? Will they charge me if I don't use it?
1 answer 1