I hate today's society?

Im 13 and almost every kid at school is in a relationship just beacuse everyone else does it. Everyone is so judgmental and no one cares about grades. Everyone cusses and listens to rap music. I know some kids who have smoked weed already and have gotten drunk. The so called " popular kids" make out and treat their relationship as if it were marriage and then they break up a week later and find someone else. Trends these days are horrible ( i dont follow them ) last year at school if you wore high socks you were a "loser" and today if you wear them you have "swag"? A bunch of high school kids arent even virgins. Freshman too! I try to be a good teen by not cussing, i dont care for having a girlfriend and i dont follow the trends so kids think im gay when i hang out with my other friend who believes the same things i do. Im just sick of everyone. I want to live in peace and not worry about what the "cool kids" will think. Does anyone else feel this way?

Best Answer

wow, its great to realize i'm not the only person who thinks like you do! i couldn't agree more with everything you say! I'm 16, almost 17, I care about grades more then anything in school, have never drank alcohol, never smoked anything. everyday at school i'm disgusted with how everyone acts and how they talk constantly about weed, or 'getting with' people. i'm going to be a junior and i don't think anyone should be doing any of these things in high school, i just got my first girlfriend in 10th grade, we've been together for eight months and actually care about each other and everyone finds it so strange! especially since we dated for about a month before we ever kissed and still have never had sex. people always used to (and some still do) think im gay because i never had a girlfriend until 10th grade, which i find normal! please continue to think and be how you are now!

Source(s): just me, being awesome! and a normal kid, not some common highschooler trying to grow up too fast!

I just finished hate school and it felt like the longest time in the world. I would wear t-shirt and jeans 99% of time (once a dress from Macy's on dress-day) and there were no shortage of insecure girls who would call you a ho even if you were flat as a board, or guys who referred to every girl as a ho and then still expected to get a girlfriend...yeah.

People like that are going to end up on the bottom of the food chain when all is said and done (at least that's what people keep telling me, I'd love to see it.) I was so angry up until the last day of school at all the immaturity and the people who just went along with it. In high school and life in general there is a dividing line between those who do right and those who don't...Because of this you either grow into confidence with self-respect and a grounded set of morals...

Or you become bitter old people who are tormented by a conscience after a lifetime of cruelty and immature behavior.

Those kids are gonna have nothing eventually.

Do your own thing and keep your head down but don't fail to stick up for what you believe in (so I guess keep your head UP?) And just avoid the drama. Nip it in the bud if it's directed at you but other than that avoid it like the plague. Attention like that is not good attention.

And REMEMBER. High school is not society as a whole. It is some of society's most hormonally unbalanced locked together in a building for five days a week. That was a disaster just waiting to happen.

• Teekie

Well, I'm not in high school any more, but I do agree. The kids now a days are terrible. But I say good for you for not going with the crowd! I hope my son grows up to be like you. There is nothing worse than following crowds, and trends. Because by the time your 18, and move onto college away from your everyday friends, you won't have a clue as to who you are.

Be thankful that you aren't like the other kids, high school is only 4 short years you have to get through before your life, and the real fun, starts to happen!

Good luck, and screw what the other kids think!

What I hate is that so many people seem unable to think for themselves. Most of the people just repeat stuff they've heard on TV or read in the newspaper. Any lie becomes the truth if it's been repeated again and again by the media. And it works : people say : "I think that..." and don't even realize it's been thought by someone else for them. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in The Brave New World.

MTV.

Ignorance.

Homophobia.

Too much sexual content in movies, TV shows, and songs.

Carelessness.

No self-control.

Immaturity.

Depression.

Laziness.

Impulsiveness.

Too many trends.

The struggling economy.

The internet.

Hypocrites.

Social media.

Double standards.

Confusion.

Selfishness.

The education system.

I might have felt like you once. Just tell someone about your problems.

Most of the boys were sagging while some kids did other crazy things.

I agree too, but also, which generation RAISED this generation?

I don't think we raised ourselves, you know.

And our parents parents hated our parents generation. Just like we hate this one.

The reason young people are in relationships in and out is because they feel lonely inside, or because their parents don't spend enough time with them, or they don't teach them whats right and whats wrong... but that is not the kids fault. Its the parents.

And a lot of people smoking weed, they do it to drown out the pain in their life. Probably ALSO because their parents aren't teaching them not to, or the parents are abusive and the kid is trying to escape.

And sometimes, kids do bad things to get attention from their parents or other kids. Because why? There parents don't spend enough time with them, or they don't have good parents.

But sometimes, it IS the kids fault, and the parents raised the kid right. Sometimes that happens. We are young, and our brains are not fully developed.

The next generation will be worse too... we are going to have 9 year olds being sent home for talking about drugs or sex in elementary school.

This is the world we live in unfortunately, and sometimes people tend to forget (especially parents) that instead of leaving a better world for the next generation, we need to leave a better generation to the world.

Our parents are responsible for how they treat us, raise us, etc. They need to learn to say "NO" once in a while, and raise our future better. You see, in the 70s & 80s, most kids werent treated right by THEIR parents, so either they do the same to us, or they baby us and spoil us.

Oh and society is completely different from today's generation of children. Society is more like... convincing 10 year olds to look like a barbie, and promoting bad things in the media.

It's a shame...

Source(s): Oh and Im 13 too.

im right in there with you. my friends and i actually make fun of the popular kids and the stupid swag stuff. i dont cuss but i listen to underground rap, but you would never know it cuz i dont dress like a gangster and try to rap in class. some kids called my best friend gay and i said something to them that made them regret saying anything. not a threat, they would snitch me out. dont worry about what they think cuz theyre just fake, and ur a real person. just ignore them. in reality they are all posers. im not mainstream at all too. dont worry about anything. anything else?

I know where you are coming from, and you got too keep on the path your going on and just forget about everybody else, you don't have to prove yourself to them, just do whatever you feel that is best for you, people, good or bad, benefitial and non-benefitial will come and go, you just got too keep whatever you feel and don't be afraid too express it but also if people give you hard time, there is no need too go and try and prove yourself, just ignore the people who give you a hard time and they will move on but I suppose your not dealing with bullying, for trying too fit in though be yourself and you will find people who share the same qualities, who cares about everybody else, do what you feel is best for you and the rest will follow...

I hope I could help :)

Yes, high schoolers suck.

But in 10 years when they're on the streets dealing drugs you'll probably be making good money with a real job because of a real education.

Hang in there. Be true to yourself.

You're hormonal and irritated by everything right now, but once you graduate, you'll be able to look on the bright side of things. You're doing great now. Just stay on your path, try not to look down on those who are straying, and stay positive. The world isn't all bad, you just have to seek out the good parts. They won't come to you.