How do you know if you have an abscess tooth? Symptoms?

Hello...A few days ago i noticed a tender spot behind my botttom, back molar and i noticed last night and today that it looks like a small bump with a whitehead on it. I have felt this kind of tenderness in the past when i got popcorn or food stuck in between my gum and tooth. This is the first time i noticed it... show more Hello...A few days ago i noticed a tender spot behind my botttom, back molar and i noticed last night and today that it looks like a small bump with a whitehead on it. I have felt this kind of tenderness in the past when i got popcorn or food stuck in between my gum and tooth. This is the first time i noticed it being a bump shape though. I currently have no other symptoms other than that part of the gum being tender....it is not sensitive to hot/cold liquids and I dont have a weird taste in my mouth either. Is this something i should go to the dentist tomorrow about or could i wait to see how it is on Monday? I have never had an abscess so any advice is apprecitated!
3 answers 3