? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 7 years ago

Windows 7 computer freeze at fresh install point "setup is starting services" screen?

Long story short, I need a fresh install of Windows 7. I had to use safe mode in order to do this without it freezing at any other point. I deleted all other partitians and such on my 60gb Boot SSD and everything went fine until I reach the "setup is startings services" screen at which point it freezes. Please Help, I've been dealing with problems like this for 2 days now. Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • frankg
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Try this-CTRL & ALT & DELETE -select task manager- in processes right click on items running-select end task or process .

• 3 years ago

Setup Is Starting Windows 7

• aricas
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

1. Click start Run. Or press windows Key + R. 2. Variety “MsConfig” and press ENTER. 3. Take a seem at the packages listed in the “Startup” tab. Should you located needless packages listed there, make them disable by using just un-checking the corresponding checkbox. Four. Do the equal thing for the offerings listed within the “offerings” tab. Be sure to mark the box “conceal all Microsoft services” as checked, in order that essential windows offerings would no longer be disabled. 5. Click on adequate and restart the laptop when brought about. 6. After the above steps are completed, additionally it is predominant to discontinue the unnecessarily going for walks history offerings. Set up Reginout services optimizer and click "Optimize offerings". You're finished.

• Fusion
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

maybe these tips from microsoft can help:

Method 1:

Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next.

6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.

7. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

8. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Or

Method 2: Use the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to run System Restore

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next

6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on System Restore.

7. Follow the System Restore Wizard instruction as usual and choose the appropriate restore point.

8. Click Finish to restore the system.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.