?

Are there any atheist food banks, hospitals, elderly communities, or any atheist public services available?

If there isn't why not? If there is, how come they are so quiet about it?

Moody,

What possessed you to say that?

Favorite Answer

There are none of which I am aware. I have heard it said that trying to unify atheists is as difficult as herding cats, and that has been my experience in life. I'm an atheist, and I truly wish there were such institutions, if only to shut up people like you..

Having said that, let me ask you one: are there any religious food banks, hospitals, elderly communities, or any religious public services available which don't have the hidden agenda of bringing people to the church or temple or mosque? You seem to be saying that religious people are good, and atheists are bad. I could only agree with that statement if you added the word "some". MOST people of either side are good, but there are always exceptions. Try to bear that in mind when thinking of atheists. We are just like you, except we believe in one less god than you do. There are literally thousands of gods in whom YOU do not believe. In my case, thousands plus one.

We all must first learn that Janie is surely not selfish, must be one of those nice christians well brainwashed.

Atheists usually never try to promote their charity works, and they are into all kinds of charities, unlike christians and perhaps other religions also who always make sure that everyone knows that they or their church is giving a few bucks to feed a few children. But we all know what that is about, it is all about promoting their religion e.g; " Oops, wait just a minute child, you have to accept and believe in Jesus then you can eat this piece of bread." Schools, hospitals are the same, all about promoting religion and with christian orgs they get millions from federal government then act as if they are giving the total amount. Doing things for ulterior motives if the nature of believers.

Source(s): Read up on it, check around look and listen.

Tuberoot, I think you're an atheist yourself. Seriously. A closet doubter who knows all this xian superstition is just that: superstition. You do not have the characteristics of a true blind believer.

WHO asks crap like this?

An atheist masquerading as a believer/atheist-basher.

You're not just a judgmental pharisee, but a closet unbeliever seeking reaffirmation with smarmy

condescending inflammatory Q's that only seek to divide.

From now on I will address you as such. You are faithless.

• india

All the places where I have lived until now have been extremely intolerant of atheism. In Missouri, I was just plain scared to make it known publicly that I'm atheist. Now I live in a much more civilized part of the US and I plan to find secular volunteer opportunities. I have volunteered for the school.

Source(s): I also bought breakfast for a homeless dude the other day.

We are a minority and there is probaly business run by atheist. We just don't advertise it also we are not a organization. So theres no point in putting labels on our shops or what not. Its just a personal belief not a religion or organization.

• DaveO

If an organization is not specifically religious then it's "atheist" in a sense. There are many, many secular organizations doing good things.

Atheism isn't a religion or an organization. Atheism is simply the rejection of a claim that a deity exists on the grounds that there is no evidence for such a claim.

• Greg

Secular Secular Secular. That dreaded word actually means something. And yes those places exist.

Bill Gates was a philanthropist, but to judge the charity of atheists, one must address each one individually. Atheism is not an organization, as I suspect you are intelligent enough to realize.

No. i'm basically speaking for myself here, yet III choose punching the elderly and teenagers in the neck... it somewhat is plenty air purifier than knifing, keeps mah footwear sparkling. (((Dana)))