Can i get scouted if I play for my schools football team?

I want to get scouted by a good team but i only play for my schools team.

Can i still get scouted?

I live in London

Favorite Answer

Local football teams, even as far down as Conference level, are always in contact with school football coaches to see if they've any decent youngsters... I'll be honest, unless you're something special it's unlikely a Premier League scout is going to journey to a school game to watch you, probably not a Championship scout either... You're realistically looking League 1, League 2 & Conference level teams that'll be willing to look at a young school-boy who doesn't have a team.

I know for a fact that teams like Gateshead F.C., Hartlepool and Blyth Spartans (lower level teams in the North-East of England) are in contact with school football coaches in the region, typically it's high-schools, to see if the coach thinks any of his lot has potential and asks a scout to come have a look. It's happened before. And it still happens... But don't be disheartened, there have been many, many players who went into the lower-leagues as a youth and made it quite high by the time they were an adult, some have even made it to the Premier League.

If you're serious about it, you need to join a local Youth club that has connections with a team. I don't live in London and I'm not that involved with local level football so I have no idea what they have going down there, but as an example, in Newcastle you have Wallsend Boys Club. Newcastle United are constantly looking at players there for their academy. Not unknown for a few other teams to look at them too (especially SPL teams). Players like Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley, Steven Taylor, Andy Carroll, Les Taylor and many more.

I know that is the North-East, and you're in London... But if we have a club like that here that acts as a talent spot, then it's feasible that a City the size of London has at least one too....

Yes of-course you can get scouted. For this you need to join a local team to enhance your skills. Now it's easy to find a football team in your locality through iCorner. This is a website which has all the data of local teams as well as players.

Start by joining a local team in a league, school teams don't play at a particularly high standard so you won't get spotted there.

If youre in a school that spendsa lot into Sport facilities and youre a very very gery very Good player and you coach tells a club about ur skills then yes

But for me this will never happen u should start a club like i do, i am in the chelsea u17